"less oil" deep fryers

Options
Hi. I am considering buying one of these type of "healthier"deep fryers, and cant find any reviews online. was wondering if anyone has tried them, (actifry or bella fryer oven, etc.) and has an opinion if they are worth the money, and if they really are healthier. thanks.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think they are really that much healthier.

There are tons of options to make food outside of a fryer that still tastes amazing.

If you want to get the deep fryer, grab one. It's not a terrible thing to have now and again provided you aren't eating it everyday.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    T Fal Actifry

Amazing! Does wings and fries with just one tbsp of oil. Is quiet and fast. Makes great food. A bit pricey at about $180 but it's worth it.

They are much healthier than a regular deep fryer. Much!
  • noraht
    noraht Posts: 21
    Options
    I have an actifryer and I really like it.I use 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it when I do frys and I cut up my own potatos to fry in it. It uses hot air and you frys need to be dried. It makes very good ,crispy fries which is all I use it for. ! tablespoon of olive oil between my hubby and I does not add up to a lot of calories. You would use more baking them in the oven.
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out Amazon, there are lots of reviews.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have the actifry and at first I really liked it, especially for home made fries & wings. But the last few times I've used it stuff doesn't crisp at all, just cooks & is kind of soggy. It cost a lot and has only been used about 10 times. Not worth it in my opinion.
  • thinklivebefree
    thinklivebefree Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Don't Fry!
  • tigermoth86
    Options
    I have an actifry and I use it all the time. (Usually on a daily basis)

It's great for doing chicken (And I usually forget the oil)
    Chicken Wings turn out amazing in it too (Just careful not to have too many)

I also use it for potatoes (The rare time I do have them)

But mostly I use it for doing up my chicken (Fajitas and Quesadillas turn out great with it)

Things always turn out crispy and just right for me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    There is no adequate replacement for deep frying......embrace it, just consume in moderation.:happy:
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have the actifry and at first I really liked it, especially for home made fries & wings. But the last few times I've used it stuff doesn't crisp at all, just cooks & is kind of soggy. It cost a lot and has only been used about 10 times. Not worth it in my opinion.

It comes with a warranty. You might have a defective product. They will replace it if you fill out the warranty.