any tips for loose skin

Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
any tips that have worked for you with loose skin while losing weight

Replies

• sarathrasher12
    Options
    exercise, toning workouts and drink plenty of water. - my doc.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options

This. Also, if you're losing steady, it shouldn't be THAT much of a problem..
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I read (somewhere) when in the shower use a body scrub then, before you go to bed rub in some aloe vera. I have been doing this for a short while. The idea is, the massage helps get the circulation flowing, and can tighten up the loose skin. In my case I think it may need surgery as initially I lost a lot of weight very, very quickly. I wish I knew then what I know now, but I didn't so I may have to take drastic action once I reach goal and can prove to myself I will stay there. I am diabetic so have a very good incentive.

Good luck, while it's so nice to be thinner, the loose skin is a bit of a downer (for me anyway) :-)
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    have the same problem, two children close together, gained a lot of weigh, have dropped 30kg, still a way to go. Definetely toning excercises, and try some pilates and or yoga. I have recently started using virgin olive oil once a week, and pure coconut oil every night on my skin, especially the stomach area. They have definetely had an impact on my skin tone and elasticity, and I have only been using them for a few months. I exfoliate the area, and massage
  • petamanarcarolyn
    Options
    (continued) the oil in for a few mins each night. Have only been using the coconut oil for 2-3 weeks and a noticeable difference :smile:
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I brush my body most mornings before I shower,

http://www.jashbotanicals.com/articles/skin_brushing.html

http://www.vega-licious.com/benefits-of-dry-brushing-your-skin-detox/

my muffin top is becoming smaller

anyone can add me
  • katescountdown
    katescountdown Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use grape seed oil just from the super market, very cheap and does wonders
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    mainly resistance exercises, weights or body weight exercises, squats ,press ups and lunges etc. The muscles fill up the space:laugh: :laugh:
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Strength training and patience. Still working on the patience part :grumble:
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options

This. Also, if you're losing steady, it shouldn't be THAT much of a problem..

It can be somewhat of a problem. I have a bunch of loose skin from having a child. So its based on your situation. However I use vitamin e oil from gnc
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    any tips that have worked for you with loose skin while losing weight

I'm told that dry skin brushing is good. The health food stores sell skin brushes. Supposedly good for "lymph drainage" too.

Swimming seems to tighten things up as does weight lifting--at least that seems to work for me. (Moisturizing is very important too.) There's a really old guy (someone told me he's 94) who comes out for lane swimming at the pool I go to. It is obvious that his muscles have shrunk a great deal (he's literally skin and bones--I can't figure out how he swims with no muscle) but his skin looks pretty good. He's just a tiny bit saggy--less than a lot of men who are in their 70s.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good to see this I thought it was age and genetics, which I am sure is part of it......but nice to see that there are things that can help it.
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Lose slower than faster, and tone (lift weights) while you are losing.
  • bushokie
    Options
    great feedback everyone thank you..I may start a group thanks again
  • Mztae78
    Mztae78 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bushokie
    Options
    started a group avoiding the knife for anyone wondering about loose skin
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    My plan is to lift heavy things and fill in the space with muscles.
  • bushokie
    Options
    I just started the coconut oil and it does help
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What do you do? Just rub coconut oil on your entire body?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!