Over my Sugar goal amount?

Options
rusta
rusta Posts: 29 Member
Hi All,

Just wondering what everyones thoughts on if you will continue to lose weight if you are under your calorie goal, but over your sugar goal?

Its not that i am eating processed foods or chocolates or anything - but often my fruit intake combined with sugars in other foods puts me over.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MFPs sugar allowance is ridiculously low. I go over everyday because of the amount of fruit I eat and it has not affected my weight loss!
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    bumpity i'd like to know this as well.
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue...I love fresh fruit and so far I've lost some weight so I'm assuming that it doesn't affect weight loss as much as I feared. Still trying to keep my levels down though because diabetes does run in the family...can never be too careful.
  • Scott15Fit
    Scott15Fit Posts: 71
    Options
    Remove added sugar from your diet, eat your fruit whole (not juiced - as it removes fibre) and within the normal recommendations of 2-3 serves and you should be fine.
    Excess sugar can mess up your blood sugar levels which does bad stuff to your body. Someone with more knowledge can explain.
  • anniemarianas
    Options
    processed sugars are just automatic weight gain according to my exercise guru brother, fruits have good sugars so its all ok.

stay with the fresh fruits and only count the sugar of processed foods and chemically altered sugars etc.

but really don't worry about the sugar allowance it's stupid, i'd go onto my diary settings and remove it if i were you.
  • Razzzzy
    Razzzzy Posts: 1
    Options
    Ya...my sugar says im over by 60g for today lol screw that. I been eating this way for the last 2 months literally and I'm down over 5% body fat and up 5% muscle. Most of my sugars come from milk and bananas. I'd ignore it tbh.

edit: also as other threads have pointed out about the same topic (search is pretty helpful) most will say that when they mean sugar they mean 'added sugar' so stuff like fruits that have natural sugar it's 'ok' and should not count toward your sugar goal. Honestly though I'd just ignore the sugar goal all together. Just don't go eating a ton of candy and sweets because that is the sugar you are trying to avoid.
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am always over my sugar, but like people have said I think the sugar levels are really low. I really don't eat very much sugar, eat all fresh fruit and am still over in sugar. I just make sure I am under my calorie intake for the day and eat the beat I can each and every day and make better choices than before!
  • Fay132010
    Fay132010 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i'm always over my sugar goal and don't eat any junkfood and i've been losing weight fine, when i do have a treat i make sure it's organic and only have a small amount and have a greentea with it as green tea prevents spikes in blood sugar wich in turn prevents the glucose moving into the fat cells.
  • rusta
    rusta Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh good! None of my sugar is coming from processed foods - only from fruit and other natural products. I am vegetarian, and try to avoid processed food all together - and have been really shocked at coming in over the sugar allowance.

Thanks All :smile: