Uggg

Options
I'm tired of being tired. I sleep ok but no matter what I'm very tired. Even taking stimulants for my ADD doesn't help and still want to take a nap. It's a struggle to eat and workout. All my blood work comes back normal. Any suggestions to help me wake up?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I feel that way since having kids (minus the add part) I look forward to about 16 years from now, sleeping in again. I eat well and sleep 8-9 hours every night. I blame the children.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    When I start to feel this way, I try to up my vegetables and carbs. It might not be the same for you, but check your macros and see what you are missing out on. Vitamins are important! If you struggle to meet them consistently, at least add a multi-vitamin. It's really helped me out. Oh, and water!
  • mimapr
    mimapr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on? Could it be mild depression?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I'm exhausted due to a medical condition that took over a year to properly diagnose.

There may be more to it then you think. I also take a sleeping med (nothing crazy), and melatonin. And have to get between 7-9 hours of sleep a night or I go into Flare up and will need to take lots of time off work to recuperate and get back to my "normal".
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Avoid caffine. It sounds funny, but it perks you up for a little while, but knocks you down again when the "high" wears off. Also, go for a walk, outside. The fresh air, sun if possible always me me feel better.

And I have to ask if you are getting quality sleep. Even if you get enough hours are you tossing and turning? Waking up in the night, etc?
  • whitney9988
    whitney9988 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just raised my intake to roughly 1600 and going to try eating smaller more frequent meals. I take a prenatal vitamin that I used during my pregnancies. It's the only one I can keep down. I might try adding more veggies. Couldn't hurt...

I don't think it's the kids. My kids have always been good sleepers and sleep 8-10 hours at night except if they have a bad dream here and there. I don't think I toss and turn. Actually my back tends to hurt from sleeping in one position for too long.

As far as depression I don't think so. I've had it before but this doesn't feel the same. Even the antidepressants didn't help much with the tiredness from what I remember. My mood has been fine. I'm not completely sure how long I've had it. I've always had tiredness but seems to have gotten worse after my first daughter. I had a post partum hemorrhage with her and just got my iron levels back up last Fall.

I don't drink much coffee or anything. It actually doesn't do anything for me but make me sick. No and again I get a decaf latte but that's very sparingly. I know I crash with Adderall but with extended release meds I shouldn't be crashing mid day. Plus it happens even without the meds.
  • mimapr
    mimapr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your blood for anemia? I had anemia, iron-deficiency anemia for years and it made me awfully tired. It got worse after I had my kids. When the doctor gave me a special multi with a form of iron i was able to absorb, tiredness got much betterr.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Do you have a baby and a toddler??!?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I felt like that also after I gave birth until my son was about 15 months..(I would literally fall asleep feeding my son )...I honestly think that moms do a lot more then they give themselves credit for..it's not easy ...I think increasing your calories was a good idea...I wish you the best !!!!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Drink a green smoothie! Lots of spinach, kale, chards, etc + berries, apples, or any fruit you like for the taste + coconut water. It's packed with nutrients and do a better job than coffee to wake you up.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile picture. How long ago did you gave birth? Because your hormones could be still out of balance.
  • whitney9988
    whitney9988 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All my blood work has come back normal. So I know it's not the anemia. Its the highest its been in 3 years. My kids are 2 and 3. The picture was from when my second daughter was born in 2011.