zumba dance workout

Options
Is zumba dance workout an effective way to burn fat and build muscle?

Replies

• wgcgmzhg1496
    Options
    Zumba is a dance fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun.It can help you burn fat and keep health.
    DOWNLOAD THE VIDEOS at --- http://tinyurl.com/zumbamy ----
  • aprilsirota
    aprilsirota Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It can be good for cardio burn if you can keep up with moves. I always find myself two steps behind moving a lot slower then the fast paced instructor. A lot of people really like it but it not for me when I want a hard workout. If you are good at dance you will enjoy and prolly get a lot from it. However I enjoy spinning much more.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    As a type of cardiovascular workout, Zumba is beneficial to heart health. As an aerobic dance class, Zumba burns calories and fat.

advertisement

Sponsored Links

5 Foods you must not eat: Cut down a bit of stomach fat every day by never eating these 5 foods. Trimdownclub.com

Bones and Muscles

Zumba is considered a weight-bearing activity, like walking or running, which helps maintain and improve bone density. Zumba also includes warm-ups and cool-downs which help with flexibility, an important ingredient in injury prevention. Finally, Zumba dances provide intervals of intensity throughout the class time, which is an effective way to challenge muscles, build strength and increase endurance.

Dance and Health

Zumba is a fitness class based on dancing, sometimes described as a cardio-dance class. The rhythms and steps of multicultural dances form the bulk of Zumba classes, with legitimate dance steps and combinations taught via every song. Zumba incorporates salsa, merenge, tango, belly dance and cha cha. The effectiveness of dance classes on fitness and health is well documented. A publication by England's Art Council called "Dance and Health" advocates the health benefits of dance activity for people of all ages based on research produced in partnership with the Department of Health.

Social and Emotional Health

The American Cancer Society has noted that dance can be used as therapy, and says clinical reports suggest dance is "effective in improving self-esteem and reducing stress. As a form of exercise, dance can benefit both the physical and emotional aspects of quality of life."

The American College of Sports Medicine states that personal interest is a factor to consider when choosing a form of exercise, and that exercise is most effective when done regularly. Zumba is a form of exercise that is appropriate for just about anyone interested in moving to music, regardless of fitness level or dance experience, making it effective at attracting and keeping participants across the globe.

Calories Burned

For a 155-pound person, a one-hour Zumba class could burn anywhere from 400 to 600 calories, depending on age, fitness level and intensity of exercise. To compare Zumba's calorie burning effectiveness, consider that exercise methods such as water aerobics or hatha yoga usually burn almost 300 calories per hour, while general weight lifting burns 224 calories per hour. A low-impact aerobics class is a fair comparison to the typical Zumba class, which will burn an average 410 calories in an hour. Heavier people will use more energy per hour, and experienced students can add ankle or wrist weights while doing Zumba to increase energy expenditure.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/69509-effective-zumba/#ixzz2TKZ0P7pk
  • trinalea
    trinalea Posts: 9
    Options
    Absolutely!!! And its fun ~ you can burn up to 700-900 calories in an hour if you keep up your intensity!!