Calorie goal for 5'7 ladies???

Options
So MFP calulated that I should eat 1590 daily. I'm 5'7 170lbs and 31 yes old I exercise 2 to 3 times a week. What are your calorie goals and stats????

Replies

• katrid
    katrid Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 (and a half :) ) 158lbs and 31 years old. Only really walking for exercise. MFP calculated 1350 for me. I double check that on another site and it was similar so I am happy with that, although I do read a lot that it should perhaps be higher. I figure when I start exercising and lifting more (at end of uni semester) then I will up it to 1500.

What is your GW?
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been sticking to 1200 calories during the week and 1500 on the weekends along with eating back exercise calories since January. I've lost 20 pounds so far putting me at 130. :)
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm at1200 too. I burn about 500 every day and almost always eat them all back. I've lost 14 lbs in 8 weeks. Starting weight 175, current weight 161. I've tried everything for years, this is the thinnest I've been since the early 90s. I'm shooting for 145 :)

I eat plenty, but make good choices. Veggies, fruit and more veggies!
  • MamaJet13
    MamaJet13 Posts: 3
    Options
    5'7" and currently 165. My calories are set at 1670. I'm a flight attendant so I'm quite active and I also workout about 6x a week.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 (though lately I've been kind of inching toward maintenance). I've lost a pound a week or more, and I was already on the lower end of healthy BMI when I started.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5", 152lb, I eat 2000 net, on a slow cut right now. With exercise thrown in, closer to 2500-3000 calories a day most days.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter, and heavier, but I'm close and I'm at 1700 with a goal of a loss of 2 pounds/per week. I'm 5'6.5" and 298 pounds.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 130 pounds. I'm on maintenance and MFP has got me at 1700 PLUS exercise calories. When I was losing I think it was 1380 PLUS exercise cals. I always ate most, if not all of my exercise calories. It worked like a charm and maintenance has also worked perfectly for me for over 2 years now. Good luck! :drinker:
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    5`7 and 171
    I just adjusted my calories to 1400 + exercise (I was eating at 1500 + exercise for a few months). 1400 is what mfp set for me for a 1lbs loss per week for sedentary. I work out 5 days a week plus dog walks 5 to 6 days a week.

I usually eat a total of around 2000 calories a day.
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", about 120#, looking to gain a not and add muscle. Calorie goal is about 2000 PLUS exercise cals.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    5'7, started at 145, got to 131 eating 1200 a day, started binging bc of the low calories, upped calories and started heavy lifting, now weigh 140, but am two pants sizes smaller, and I eat 1900-2100 daily and have stopped binging. I'm not really trying to lose weight anymore, slooooowwww process of body recomp now.
  • Scorchy
    Scorchy Posts: 12
    Options
    5'7" and started at 150 but now I'm at 134. I would like to get down to 125, but it will be a slow process I think and I'm making toning up a higher priority. I'm eating 1200 and about half of my exercise calories.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm about 150 now and eat 1670, plus most of my exercise calories.
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I eat 2400-2600 and net 1650-1700. I started at 223, am currently 184, and my first goal is 158. I started this around Christmas.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm at 158 right now, I eat 1750 per day. I have MFP set to lightly active, and this is same as my TDEE-15% goal. I have lost 9 lbs so far (since Feb 1 with once a month weigh-ins), first goal of 150, see how I feel maintaining there, but probably wouldn't go much below 145 if at all.

ETA- I do not calculate/ eat back exercise cals I have a full time desk job, work out approx 3 days a week, and have two part time jobs one as a dance teacher and the other as a waitress so I figure that is prob lightly active and this way I don't over estimate exercise cals
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    5'7", just under 158, daily goal is 1760 + exercise calories, so I usually eat in the 1900-2400 range. Losing at the rate of about half a pound a week, which is exactly what I want. Oh, and 49 years old.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I plugges your numbers into fat2fitradio.com's BMR calculator (not as accurate without knowing your BF%, but all numbers are estimates anyway) and this is what I got:

Custom BMR Calculation

Thanks for checking your BMR here on Fat 2 Fit Radio. If you're not already subscribed to Fat 2 Fit Radio, consider doing so today. Please visit the Subscribe page to get the podcast delivered automatically to your iTunes, Juice, e-mail inbox or the podcatcher of your choice for FREE.

Entered information: 31 year old female, 67 inches tall, weighing 170 pounds, BMI of 26.6 (Overweight).

From the information that you entered, you'd like to weigh 170 lbs.

Harris-Benedict Formula

There are a few different methods to calculating yourbasal metabolic rate (BMR). One of the most popular, developed in the early 1900's is called the Harris-Benedict formula. Based on this formula, your current BMR is 1564 calories.

How Many Calories Should I Eat?

Based on your goal weight, the following chart was generated. The chart shows the number of calories that you should eat on a daily basis to reach your goal weight. At Fat 2 Fit Radio we advocate eating like the thin, healthy person that you want to become. The calorie levels you see in the chart are not extreme, but they do create that all important caloric deficit that is required to get you to your goal weight in a safe manner. Once you reach your goal weight, you will continue eating the same number of calories for the rest of your life to maintain that weight. You'll never be on a diet again.

Based on how much activity you do on an average day, the calories in the right column will be the number of calories that you will be able to eat at your goal weight. If you start eating those calories right now (eating like the thinner you), you will eventually become that thinner person. As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will start to slow down. It is OK to eat a few hundred calories less per day (200-300) to speed up your weight loss at this point.

Activity Level

Daily Calories

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job)

Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)

Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)

Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)

Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

NOTE: Please remember that this calculation is just a guideline. Your metabolism may be higher or lower based on the amount of lean muscle you have. Use these numbers a a starting point and tweak them up or down based on your weight loss or gain. It may take a couple weeks to get your exact calorie level.

SO, at lightly active, 2151 calories will maintain your weight (remember, these are estimates and may require some tweaking - for example, mine is atually 400 higher than the calculator suggests, but it just takes trial and error to nail it down).

For weight loss, 2151 -15% deficit = 1828 calories per day to lose weight (almost a pound per week). Do not eat back exercise calories using this method. Try it for 4 weeks and see how it goes - i bet you will be happy