Replies

• Susan823
    Susan823 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks for answering :)
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I haven't had my surgery yet still need to get a few of the pre-op stuff out of the way. I hope to have it later this summer. Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend.

HW 300
    CW 279
    GW 130-150
  • journeytoaminime
    journeytoaminime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am in New Zealand and had an RNY 5.5 years ago.

I intially lost 165 lbs towards my goal, but then was diagnosed with auto immune Liver disease and was put on steroids. I have had about 70 lbs of regain and am now back on track losing it. So far down about 13 lbs n two weeks.

HW - 389
    CW - 277
    GW - yet to be decided but between 175-195 lbs
  • krisls2
    krisls2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am one week post op. I had the RNY and I am doing pretty good so far. Starting weight was 380 lost 18 lbs on the 10 day liquid diet and then was up 6 pounds when I left the hospital last Friday. I am now down to 358 and I am anxious to see the pounds fall off.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    For anyone reading this thread, you should know that there are a few groups especially for weight loss surgery, gastric bypass, band, sleeve, etc. Just go to the community section and either scroll through the groups or do a search. I think you'll find a lot more support and assistance there. A lot of folks on the main message boards aren't very tolerant of WLS, unfortunately.
  • pretty1417
    Options
    Hi there
    I had my surgery on 4/8/13...yes it is a bit challenging at times and I have my highs and lows....so I would love to be part of your network