Did yardwork- not typical for me, do I count it?

Options
Hi everyone!

Spring has finally reached us here and I spent the last 3 hours cleaning up the back yard. Usually the hubby does it- but he's sick so it fell to me. The question is- do I count it as exercise and if so, how?

I did the following:

-picked up 16 pieces of siding (4x5) and carried them 30 feet to stack them up
-weeded 103.5 yards of my lot.
-raked

This took 3 hours to do, I'm about 75% done. I weigh 160-ish. Can I log this?

Replies

• InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Yes, go with gardening

Should be a reasonable estimate
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes count it
    i say under cardio/ raking lawn
  • BostonStrong617
    Options
    I would especially have yourself set to sedentary or lightly active. Sometimes MFP rates are insanely high so if it appears that way to you knock off 25 percent or so. Or only eat half back.

I moved out of my apartment a couple months back, my apartment on the top of a triple decker with narrow stairs and no AC and I certainly gave myself extra calories that day! Certainly don't think that's counted as lightly active
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I would! :)
  • DAASE
    DAASE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HECK YEAH! Absolutly count it
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour outside yesterday cleaning out flowerbeds and my Fitbit logged the extra calories burned showing my activity level (not steps). When I came in, I had lots of eating to do to make sure I didn't net below my BMR! :):flowerforyou: I think that was a better workout than the bike ride I had taken earlier in the day!
  • walkbyfaith0314
    Options
    All I know is that it must've done something! My forearms hurt, and my legs, kinda like if I did a bunch of squats.

I logged it as general gardening, burning 870 calories at a sedentary activity level. Woohoo!

Thanks you guys!