Do you still log food if you throw it up?

Options
RhineDHP
RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
I AM NOT BULIMIC.

Just had a queasy stomach and nothing I ate stayed down for long. Such a waste of ridiculously delicious food. Le sigh..

Replies

• Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. If it left your stomach undigested, then it left.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even log if you're throwing up. Being sick takes so much out of you as it is. Just get some rest and feel better. Try some chicken broth and crackers or something really light if you can later on.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'd track it. lol
  • littlebudgie
    littlebudgie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    lol, I had the same thought a couple weeks ago when I had a stomach bug. Decided not to bother logging it, since it had barely even stopped to see the scenery.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    It just means you get to watch what you eat......again.:happy:
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Depends on what level I'm puking lol.

If I've eaten normally and upchuck a bit... part or a full meal only... then I keep it logged.

If I'm puking my guts out due to a flu or something and everything is coming up and my body is being put through the stress of long or ongoing sickness? I don't even think about this site lol.

But I really don't think it matters either way if you've just thrown up a meal. I just keep it logged to keep track of my tendencies rather than a worry about calories that day. I'm a graph and numbers and records person by nature so I like to keep a record on here even of things that don't have calories enough to matter as the logging has other purposes like making a note of taking my morning and night meds and my vitamins and liquid intake.

I mean, in the grand scheme of a week or month or whatever the calories and nutrient values of one meal that came up aren't gonna matter either way. So log if you feel like it or don't. IMO it's not worth putting thought to.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I threw up last week twice.... two whole meals.. I logged them anyway.

but I was wondering the same thing..

*sigh*
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    It just means you get to watch what you eat......again.:happy:

*snort* Terrible...:laugh:

OP- I've never had this problem... but I don't think I'd log it...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Wow...why even worry about it.

You were sick............trying to wrap my head around you would even ask this.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters either way. Don't worry about it. You're sick ! Just be precise where you can. Log your calories and go by hunger - if you feel hungry, eat a few extra hundred that day.
  • fittpalboy
    fittpalboy Posts: 2
    Options
    Yucky! If it's left, it's left don't try to eat again.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you didn't make yourself throw it up, then give yourself the day off of calorie-counting, because you are ill. Don't worry about calories, listen to your body. Eat when and what you feel you can. You need the fuel to help your body fight whatever's got you sick. When you're feeling well and keeping food down again, go back to tracking. Log the food if you need to to maintain the habit, but ignore the numbers, just keep a record.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If I was sick, I would log off of MFP and curl up in bed. Worry about your food diary tomorrow. This one day won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things. :smile:
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it. If you're having trouble keeping food down I suggest clear liquids. Makes it easier on you