2 days into dieting....

:smile: I just started this program and I love it. I also started taking Health Trim and so far its going good. My goal is to see how I do for two full weeks. I'm 135 and I want to go down to 115. I will be 40 this year and I am just noticing the weight is just creeping up on me. This is going to be a challenge!

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Don't think of it as dieting. That's a temporary fix that usually ends up failing when all the weight returns once the diet ends. Make a permanent lifestyle change and you'll see long-term results. Whatever you do to lose the weight should be something you're willing to live with forever. Don't know what Health Trim is (I don't use supplements, fad diets or drugs, just exercise, healthy eating and tracking calories) but good luck on your journey! MFP is lots of fun, but beware shenanigans and misinformation in the forums. :drinker:
  • Hummingbird217
    Hummingbird217 Posts: 2 Member
    Don't think of it as dieting. That's a temporary fix that usually ends up failing when all the weight returns once the diet ends. Make a permanent lifestyle change and you'll see long-term results. Whatever you do to lose the weight should be something you're willing to live with forever. Don't know what Health Trim is (I don't use supplements, fad diets or drugs, just exercise, healthy eating and tracking calories) but good luck on your journey! MFP is lots of fun, but beware shenanigans and misinformation in the forums. :drinker:

@jenilla--I couldn't have said it better myself! Once I accepted that this was a lifestyle change and not just another diet, it made my journey a bit easier. I don't beat myself up for "falling off of the wagon" because tomorrow is another day, and I WILL eat better on the subsequent days because being healthy is now a habit! We deserve a treat every now and then, but not EVERYDAY. Now, I treat myself with a bubble bath or a new workout outfit/shoes, instead of chocolate and baked goods. If I had a good day and I have some extra calories left, I allow myself a couple of square of extra dark chocolate, and the craving is gone! Also logging daily and having supportive friends (even just us yahoos on mfp) makes all the difference! We are in this together.
  • heather_2012
    heather_2012 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there - This is my first week of getting back into shape and eating healthy. I've done it before, but it really needs to be Routine for me. If that routine is broken, (I just moved and changed jobs); I find it VERY hard to get back into it.

So, for 2 months of doing hardly any exercise and eating unhealthy - BAD BAD On me!! I Know that exercise helps me Feel Better and when that happens, we don't want to eat junk!!!

Thanks for the Support, I will definitely need it in the coming weeks!!!

~heather