Horror movie lovers?

Options
I'm quite the horror movie fanatic..
I just finished watching 'The Collector' and it inspired me to post a thread about horror films.

What are some of your favorite horror movies?

Replies

• HunterKiller_wechange2
    HunterKiller_wechange2 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My fave is Evil Dead 2 even if it is more comedy horror. Love Hellraiser that sort of thing and a ton of horror movies from the 80's which i think was the best decade for them.
  • HunterKiller_wechange2
    HunterKiller_wechange2 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    oh and the old Hammer Horror films! I love those and they warped my mind from a very young age. :)
  • MudPuppyGunBunny
    Options
    Any Rob Zombie movie, all of the Nightmare on Elm Streets, all of the Halloweens, Texas Chainsaw Masc, Cabin in the Woods, Megan Is Missing, Mirrors 1 and 2, Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Last Exorcism, The Devil Inside Me, and it's not really a horror movie but a great thriller, Frozen.
  • DeafLeapard
    DeafLeapard Posts: 76
    Options
    My fave is Evil Dead 2 even if it is more comedy horror. Love Hellraiser that sort of thing and a ton of horror movies from the 80's which i think was the best decade for them.

I loved Evil Dead 2.. Especially the "Laughing Objects" part..
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I prefer old school horror from the 70s, 80s and SOME early 90s. Can't stand the horror movies of today. It's less about the horror and more about the gore and CG monsters. Rob Zombie keeps it old school though.
  • DeafLeapard
    Options
    I prefer old school horror from the 70s, 80s and SOME early 90s. Can't stand the horror movies of today. It's less about the horror and more about the gore and CG monsters. Rob Zombie keeps it old school though.

Have you seen Lords Of Salem, yet? It's been getting nothing but bad reviews, however House Of 1,000 Corpses did too, so I'm not going to let other opinions scare me out of buying a ticket.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    john carpenters- thing

lost boys

exorcist

return of the living dead(I love Trash)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    oh and the old Hammer Horror films! I love those and they warped my mind from a very young age. :)

THIS!!

I really LOVE Hammer Horror!

I also love all sorts of strange and beautiful foreign horror films--Italian gialli (Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, etc), Jean Rollin's French vampire films, Jesus Franco's films, etc.

Classic horror is great too, and I adore anything from the days of wayback with a supernatural theme.

I'm not really into contemporary horror films, as I find them a bit lacking...not as beautiful to look at, not as interesting to me.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sleepaway camp!!

....lol go watch it.

...just do it.

tumblr_m5kcss8WlS1rywjioo1_500.gif
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the new horror movies look to scary on the trailers.. they probably aren't, but I prefer the suspense horror genre more than the gore filled POP-UP SURPRISE!!!**** horror we have now.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Any Rob Zombie movie, all of the Nightmare on Elm Streets, all of the Halloweens, Texas Chainsaw Masc, Cabin in the Woods, Megan Is Missing, Mirrors 1 and 2, Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Last Exorcism, The Devil Inside Me, and it's not really a horror movie but a great thriller, Frozen.

Love these films - will have to check out frozen
    Watched a great one the other night 'the possession' its hard to find good horrors these days, so if anyone has any suggestions :smile:
  • _castiel
    _castiel Posts: 30
    Options
    Mirrors (I had to avoid looking in a mirror for God knows how long!!), The Cabin In The Woods, Insidious and Texan Chainsaw Massacre (the original, I haven't seen the revamped one).
  • DeafLeapard
    Options
    Sleepaway camp!!

....lol go watch it.

...just do it.

tumblr_m5kcss8WlS1rywjioo1_500.gif

Ah, yes. That scene disturbed the *kitten* out of me as a child.
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Oh yes Hammer Horror are classics, I love old Horrors like Rosemary's Baby, etc. Japanese & Korean horrors are a lot better than the American remakes too.

It's hard to chose a favorite . I did enjoy Grave Encouters, Insidious, The Devil Inside Me, Strangers. I've watched more horror films than I can actually remember that's the problem :smile:
  • lakishamcquany
    lakishamcquany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love movies, i watch a silly amount of them and write a blog, it's a bit off topic but i recently went through round one of disturbing movies you might find interesting!!?!?
    Hostel (2005)
    Natural Born Killers (1994)
    Transsiberian (2008)
    Valhalla Rising (2009)
    A Clockwork Orange (1971)
    The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence) (2011)
    The Exorcist (1973)
    We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011)
    Se7en (1995)
    I Spit on Your Grave (1978)
    Man Bites Dog (1992)
    Gummo (1997)
    Murder-Set-Pieces (2004)
    The Bunny Game (2012)
    Funny Games (1997)
    Night and Fog (1955)
    The Snowtown Murders (2012)
    Sweet Movie (1974)
    Deadgirl (2008)
    Antichrist (2009)
    Happiness (1998)
    Kill List (2012)
    Un Chien Andalou (1929)
    Oldboy (2003)
    High Tension (2003)
    Eyes Without a Face (1960)
    I Stand Alone (1998)
    Begotten (1990)
    Man Behind the Sun (1988)
    Ichi the Killer (2001)
    Martyrs (2008)
    Eraserhead (1977)
    Blood Feast (1963)
    Inside (2007)
    Visitor Q (2001)
    A Serbian Film (2011)
    August Underground (2001)
    The Last House on the Left (1972)
    Titicut Follies (1967)
    Flowers of Flesh and Blood (1975)
    Irréversible (2002)
    Requiem for a Dream (2000)
    Aftermath (1994)
    In a Glass Cage (1987)
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)
    Audition (1999)
    Pink Flamingos (1972)
    Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
    Nekromantik (1987)
    Salò, or 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
  • DeafLeapard
    Options
    I'll be going to see 'You're Next' without a doubt. I love home invasion horror movies.
  • DeafLeapard
    Options
    A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorites... Antichrist just made me sick to my stomach. lol
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Texan Chainsaw Massacre (the original, I haven't seen the revamped one).

I highly recommend revamped one - took me a cpl of years to go for it as I couldn't see why it needed a remake when its so awesome anyway, but it was really good
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Love Horror movies! Bumping to check out some of these later :) Love the classics, but Haunting in Connecticut actually really creeped me out...
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I thought that Human centipede was quite a good concept, but then the sequel was taking things too far & bored me as it was lacking in plot & more about trying to be too shocking! that was disappointing.

I prefer suspense & when they don't show too much as my imagination is always worse than what they actually show!