Am I doing OK or Not?

Options
Hey Guys,

I have been in my Journey for almost 10 months now, started out at 233 lbs and now weight only 178... I dont know why but i feel as if I am not losing that much... i might be paranoid about this... so the question I have to ask is this.

with 55lbs in 10 months am I doing OK or not?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're doing very well!
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yep id say youre doing really well.. thats more than a pound a week!
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    55lbs that's an amazing loss. Can I suggest you weigh out 55lbs of shopping and just look at how much it is. Don't try and lift it all at once though.:laugh:
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    of course it is ok, any loss and goodin my books, they say the slower the better

which ever why you are doing it, just keep doing what you are doing

keep up the good work

anyone can add me
  • JamesWay84
    JamesWay84 Posts: 28
    Options
    thank you all, maybe this is just me and being a paranoid, I saw an article about his happening to most people who are losing weight, I just forgot the right term for it.

thanks again guys, you are all great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    find a picture of yourself from before you started, and compare it to a recent one.... then you will be able to see the difference!
  • JamesWay84
    JamesWay84 Posts: 28
    Options
    find a picture of yourself from before you started, and compare it to a recent one.... then you will be able to see the difference!

thanks, I see the deference and feel the deference but I still feel as if I am not losing enough weight for the 10 months I have started my journey is all...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're consistently losing weight in a healthy way so you're going great
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

thanks, I see the deference and feel the deference but I still feel as if I am not losing enough weight for the 10 months I have started my journey is all...

forget the number, its how you look and how you feel that matters!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    [/walks into a circle] *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten*.
  • npetercmway
    npetercmway Posts: 68
    Options
    I think you are doing great! I can certainly understand how you feel. We all lose at different rates. Some faster than others. I have a tendency to lose slowly. It gets me frustrated when I start to compare myself to others. I remind myself that I am lighter than I was a year ago and am much fitter and healthier by far. Sometimes it is good to just take a step back and look at the bigger picture. There is no formula that says to be successful at losing weight you have to lose so much in such and such a time frame. Any loss is a success!
  • MikeBrusiaHart
    Options
    its better to lose weight slowly rather then fast as slow weight loss seems to stay off and better for you where as fast weight lose is tramatic on your body and it sounds like you have hit the wall where your weight stays the same that's usally where I give up on the diets so just keep it up and you'll start to lose weight again