Let's make it... Fabulous in our 40's!!!

Options

Replies

• marcon125
    marcon125 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    happy birthday!
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 in a few months...not at all anxious about it. I feel good, and look better than I have in years. Bring it on! Feel free to add me.
  • charline66
    charline66 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 47, and have been on MFP for 30 days now and lost 7lb. I gave up smoking 3 years ago, and put on 35lb and that needs to come OFF - I am fitter now that I have been in 20 years, gym at least 3 times a week and trying to swim twice a week. Have bought a bike so my husband and I can go cycling when the weather improves.

My (late) 40's is definitely going to be 'FABULOUS'.:smile:

Feel free to add me.
  • hellza
    hellza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 later this year and would love some friendly support on here. Feel free to add me.
    I am also doing the 12wbt, 3 days in and loving it!
    I have about 35kgs to lose and boy would I love to lose most of that before hitting 40 - aiming for fit & fabulous, instead of fat & flabby! I have 3 kids, all girls, ages 16, 15 & 7.
  • jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'll be 40 next week WOOHOO Friend request sent!
  • geoffreyhancockstr
    geoffreyhancockstr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and I am determined to get in the best shape of my life, so feel free to add me!
  • educator605
    educator605 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and today is the first day (AGAIN!!) of my new lifestyle. I'm determined to see it through, but I need MUCH encouragement!!!
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I am 45 soon, and can always use friends. Request sent.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I just turned 46. I dropped a whopping 110 pounds in a year on MFP just over 2 years ago. I'm in the best shape of my life. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • dmjenni
    dmjenni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Will turn 42 in July. Recently lost 20 lbs on an office Biggest Loser challenge, and am now trying to stay motivated to keep it off and lose more. I've actually put a few back on and am fighting myself to keep from getting back to where i was. Kids are older, 19 and 14, and I find myself finally with time to work on myself...so I gotta use it!! Took up running a couple of years ago but am going to have to take a break from it soon and let my runner's knee recover, which worries me. But I'll figure it out. Just gotta keep moving and keep eating well! It's not rocket science, right? It's all about the motivation and the consistency! Let's DO this! All you fabulous 40's and 50's, feel free to friend me!!
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just turned 46 and have been the heaviest ever. Just went through divorce, moving and all that stress. My ex husband said he was embarrased tobe seen with me cause I gaines so much weight....ouch. Well now doc says I have high blood pressure so I have two reasons for doing this, my health and sweet revenge...(just kidding). Yes it is harder than it used to be but I am gonna try it....Need any support i can get

You've got it here! Go in and add a bunch of these wonderful people to your friends list. Of course, do this journey mainly for yourself, but I still remember a quote I saw a long time time ago... Success is the best revenge! :smile:
  • stark71
    stark71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. I just turned 42 last month and only recently started diet. I have lost 16 pounds so far and would be nice to make new friends on here that are same age, as like you said we can relate better as know how the changes in our body effect our weight loss. Feel free to add me if you like :-)
  • Gigsluvscw
    Options
    Just turned 48 and on top of all the baby weight I gained and haven't lost from each of my 3 pregnancies. I want to get to a healthy weight for me and definitely be a whole lot firmer. My face and neck show it way too much. I once had a nice body. I was in the Navy so I had a "hard body" from all the PT and stuff we had to do. So I was able to wear the smaller sizes and look great. I want to get back to being that solid size 8 that I was. I would even be okay with a 10/11, but being this size 18/20 right now is bummin' me out. I'm 5'2" and 184lbs and seem to stick right around there no matter if I think I feel lighter after a successful week of exercise and change in diet and portions. The scale never lies and neither does a tape measure.

I know exactly how you feel regarding your last 3 sentences... I'm back into my 16/18s right now and am longing to get into the pair of size 10 jeans in my closet I think I wore only twice before thinking I was done "dieting" and started gaining the weight again. I HATE scales and refuse to get on one (because they fluctuate so much), so am going to go strictly by cloths sizes. Lol... I might get on the scale (not if, but) when I get back into my size 10s.
  • kay930
    kay930 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kay & I am 41. I have 3 kids...aged 17, 9 & 6. The 17 year old is a stepson to my hubby and the other 2 are "ours". I am a size 18 and I am the biggest I have been in all my life. I am finding it really difficult to lose weight. I have lost 4 pounds on mfp but it's not mfp's fault it's mine. I am a busy Mom and I also work so I do find it difficult at times to stay on track. I would LOVE anyone to friend me on mfp that is in similar situations as mine. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Gigsluvscw
    Options
    I needed an excuse to blurt out: It's my birthday today!

That means, by this time next year, I will be Fabulous, too!

:drinker:

Happy Birthday!!! :bigsmile:
  • LizaArg
    LizaArg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, will be 43 in September. I have a 2 year old daughter and loving husband. Would love to lose the spare tire. Feel like I've been struggling with same 10-20 lbs forever. I'm 5'1" so it shows up easily. I really want to do this and maintain. I was on MFP last summer, lost weight/felt great, then totally fell off the wagon during the winter. I really want to reach my goal before my 43rd birthday. that gives me about 4 months, and if I lose 4-5 lbs a month, that should work. My biggest temptation is red vino, I really enjoy a few glasses but it puts the weight on. I seem to always lose when I cut carbs but I find it hard to maintain... anyway, feel free to add me!
  • cakejustice
    cakejustice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 this year and getting in the best shape ever...yay!
  • Gigsluvscw
    Options
    You go!!! :bigsmile:
  • Tammyrph
    Tammyrph Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    43 here! Mom of 4 + 1 son in law guess that officially makes 5... so far no grandchildren (hopefully they can wait till I am least 45 eh?) My oldest is 23 then 20 a divorce lots of weight gain, lots of diets that failed... Met the most wonderful man and married him had 2 more they are 10 and 9. Added MORE weight! Tried WW off and on for the last 9 years. As my boys are getting older and we are as a family VERY involved in Scouting. I realized I need to step it up and get in a better healthier place just to keep up!

Feel free to add me :D
  • kishkoway
    kishkoway Posts: 19
    Options
    42 going on 23! XD no children though and just got married 5 months ago today! We do not plan on having any children though, but we are very happy! He is younger than me though. Anyone feel free to add me if you want!