Feel like I've lost weight already

Options
Ok so since 1 1/2 week ago I've been counting calories and execrsing although I'd say since Saturday (5 days ago) I really up'd my game. I haven't weighed myself yet or taken any more pics but I feel like i've lost weight or soemhting's changed as closthes are a little more comfortable and waist line is less wobbly/bloated. Could I really have lost already - o lost enough to notice a difference? Or is it likely to be that I've lost the water renention?

I wasn't expect to feel differnt so soon - and granted some of it's probably physcological but I am wearing some jeans today that 6 weeks ago were snug!

Replies

• Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You could have lost weight - and how you feel in your clothes is a great indicator. Often the first week of serious healthy eating you can drop a lot quite quickly. When I started to lose weight a few years ago I lost 5 pounds in my first week :)
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    NaomiMc_Ra Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wow 5lbs in a week! That's amazing. Did it stay off? Well hopefully its weight that has shifted but I won't know until weigh in on Sunday. Thanks!
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome that you feel that way - it's quite often a combination of psychological (ie, you are doing well, focused, you feel happier and cleaner) and physical (water retention, especially if your diet was full of salt before and you've eaten less/drank more fluids).

Both are amazing things, and really help you on your way - it's the first step. Different people lose weight at different speeds - a rule of thumb is that the less you have to lose, you're likely to lose it slower/bigger you are, faster it will come off initially, but again, it's all very varying. I've had week losses of 0lbs and week losses of 9lbs - it just depends on what you've eaten, what exercise you've done and whether your body wants to play ball :)
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    Options
    Awesome that you feel that way - it's quite often a combination of psychological (ie, you are doing well, focused, you feel happier and cleaner) and physical (water retention, especially if your diet was full of salt before and you've eaten less/drank more fluids).

Both are amazing things, and really help you on your way - it's the first step. Different people lose weight at different speeds - a rule of thumb is that the less you have to lose, you're likely to lose it slower/bigger you are, faster it will come off initially, but again, it's all very varying. I've had week losses of 0lbs and week losses of 9lbs - it just depends on what you've eaten, what exercise you've done and whether your body wants to play ball :)

Good advice - thanks! I assumed I wouldn't see anything for a while because i'm not 'big' just flabby and need a little bit of weight loss.
  • rowl61
    rowl61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You most probably have, i lost 6lb the first week & 1 1/2 lb the second. This MFP really does work i have been to many different "diet" clubs and never had this weight lost in two weeks . I was at W/W it says you can eat fruit freely, if you weigh 100g of grapes they are over 200 calories, apple banana's all calories .stick with it you will be so pleased you did.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Good advice - thanks! I assumed I wouldn't see anything for a while because i'm not 'big' just flabby and need a little bit of weight loss.

The main thing is you feel happy - in my honest opinion, if you've not got a lot to lose and mainly just want to define muscles and lose a bit of weight, I'd weigh every month rather than every week. Also, track your inch loss, especially if you are working out - sometimes you will stay a certain weight (or gain) but lose several inches - it's not all about the scales :) x
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You most probably have, i lost 6lb the first week & 1 1/2 lb the second. This MFP really does work i have been to many different "diet" clubs and never had this weight lost in two weeks . I was at W/W it says you can eat fruit freely, if you weigh 100g of grapes they are over 200 calories, apple banana's all calories .stick with it you will be so pleased you did.

Having said that, many people still lose with WW. They do state you are limited to a certain amount of fruit too, so not exactly 'freely'.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" food (i.e fresh, natural, as nature intended) is better for gut motility - so you probably aren't harbouring pounds of undigested food in your guts.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Because healty food has less salt, you will loose extra water in the beginning.
  • NaomiMc_Ra
    Options
    Brilliant - thanks for all the info guys. I have definitely cut the salt adn bad foods so msut be a little weigth loss and a little water. But either way I feel good so....