Such a small thing but such a huge success for me!

Options
Got up early this morning & went to the gym and got 60 minutes in. Then later this evening when the kiddo took a nap I was wore out (somehow she can do that to me! lol) so I tried to lay down & take a nap too. I couldn't rest and in the past when I'm tired and can't get any rest I turn to food. . .junk food - sweets in particular - to "lift my mood & energy" (yeah right. . I know, but that's the excuse I use) Well instead today I just got back out of bed and rode 20 minutes more on my exercise bike & listened to some good music on my iPod. . .well guess what, before I knew it I was no longer tired but full of energy. . .much more so than if I had ate a cake or other junk food!!! This may seem so small to some, but for me it was HUGE!! I'm so proud of myself & it's been a while since I've actually felt that way!!

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful, and it is a huge deal , I remember the first time I did that, you really feel like your turning a corner. YEAH FOR YOU!!!:flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    that is awesome,. You should be so proud of yourself, this is huge......
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great....I need to do the same thing..good idea...when I want a snack or be bad...work out...thanks for that idea...:)
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Very inspiring too :)
  • jeweljade
    jeweljade Posts: 93
    Options
    yay!
  • sebrat
    sebrat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My small thing was being able to run 10 yads to the bathroom....KEEP IT UP! :-D
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job keep it up!
  • twilla367
    twilla367 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What a great message to share. It is really important to change our bad habits and make new ones we can be proud of. Keep up the great work!
  • Maggie1960
    Maggie1960 Posts: 322
    Options
    That's brilliant - well done! I have taken all the clothes off my exercise bike now (it was being used as a wardrobe extension:embarassed: ) and am going to make it part of my daily routine to do a bit of pedalling.:smile:
  • sifu33
    sifu33 Posts: 34
    Options
    well done, and keep looking for those subtle changes, they are the ones that really count, like the clothes that r no longer tight, or eating smaller or not wanting more, or rejecting the bad foods, Those small victories are very inspiring to many people and we all love to hear about them, because this is a positive site, thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Well done, every little step helps ;)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!