Snack Idea's Needed

Options
I'm looking for filling snack idea's for 120-150 calories. Yoghurt just isn't cutting it. Any help would be appreciated

Replies

• lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I find nuts are good... walnuts, almonds... or dried fruit like rasins
    Make sure you weigh them though so you know how much you're eating as they are calorie rich :happy:
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus with Carrotts, usually about 70 cals for 2 TBSP of Hummus and whatever for the carrotts depending on how many ounces, typically under 150 for me, and I love this. You can use Celery or mini bell peppers too with the Hummus whatever you might like. Obviously using Pita Chips will take that Cals much higher so I use veggies.
  • ChelseaSStevens
    Options
    Fresh fruit. I always take a banana along with me to work for a mid afternoon snack. If I feel like I have the calories to spare, I'll take an apple and some peanut butter.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It depends how healthy / labour intensive you want to get...

There are plenty of portion controlled low cal snacks in the supermarkets but if you are up for a bit of planning then Pinterest has some fantastic healthy low cal recipes for things like brownies, granola and flapjack bars, cupcakes etc...

Or stick to fruits and veggies with healthy dips...
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    mix salad with low fat dressing or no dressing

mix raw vegetables

mix plate of fruit

baked potato
  • Bride2Be_122713
    Options
    I'm enjoying string cheese and stick cheeses from weight watchers...I actually found it in the grocery store where the shredded and block cheeses were. They vary between 50-70 calories so you can eat more than one! Also baby carrots are I think 35 calories a cup, if you can find yourself a good light ranch dressing to dip them in that would be a good idea. An avocado is high in calories, but you get a lot of nutritional benefits from it. You can probably find a small avocado for under 150 calories as a snack. Bananas are a good snack...I think close to 95 calories. Just go to your produce section in the grocery store. The majority of fruits and veggies are low calorie and you get a ton of nutrition from it, your body will be happy you did it. If your having trouble with not being "full" enough between meals, and one snack is just not keeping your hunger at bay, one good idea would be to eat a low calorie snack every 1-2 hours. Like baby carrots without ranch, weight-watchers sting cheese, and an apple. That's what I've been doing and snacking regularly with small things instead of one snack helps me a lot! Just some tips that have been helping me. I have lost 12 lbs in about a month (and I only have this thing set to lose 1 calorie a day) so something I'm doing must be working! Just some tips!
  • Brandilynnrose
    Options
    I like one of the following for a snack:
    Sargento's light string cheese (50 calories) and fruit
    hummus with carrot and celery sticks
    Fiber One granola bar (90-120 calories)
    Almonds
  • bigbear167
    bigbear167 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    frozen bluberrys.yummy!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas!
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    raw broccoli and light ranch
    carrots and three pepper spicy hummus!
    bananas and pb
    special k or fiber one protein bars are pretty good if you crave something sweet!
    strawberries/blueberries and light cool whip! (light cool whip is 20 calories and 1g of sugar for 2 tsp!)
    homemade guacamole is yummy too (I just eat it by the spoon full! lol)
    cottage cheese and pineapples or tomatoes!

I could go on forever lol
  • momo9128706
    momo9128706 Posts: 45
    Options
    Kellogg cereal bars are only 100 calories! I eat the Special K pastry chips (100 cal), jello sensations (100-140 cal), laughing cow cheese wedges with a few mini keebler crackers (100 cal) , protein shakes (200 cal)
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love Hummus with Carrotts, usually about 70 cals for 2 TBSP of Hummus and whatever for the carrotts depending on how many ounces, typically under 150 for me, and I love this. You can use Celery or mini bell peppers too with the Hummus whatever you might like. Obviously using Pita Chips will take that Cals much higher so I use veggies.

LOL I saw your profile pic and read that as "Humans with Carrots"!!! :D
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been eating roasted garbanzo beans. Carb heavy, but they have protein and fiber. I figure that's better than Cheetos. :-)
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    luna bar (180 calories)
    hummus & veggies
    pb & apple
    string cheese & apple
    15 almonds
    1-2 cups of popcorn, no added butter
    greek yogurt (more filling than plain yogurt)
    avocado (great source of protein to fill you up)
  • roman109
    roman109 Posts: 62
    Options
    I enjoy frozen grapes
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    Nuts are good, trail mix, grapes, pretzels?, cottage cheese, apple slices, celery with peanut butter
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    A low-cal ranch dip recipe: 1 Chobani plain non-fat Greek yogurt (6 oz.) and 1 packet Hidden Valley originial ranch seasoning. It's 180 calories for all 6 oz. or 30 calories for 2 tablespoons. And unless you just absolutely LOVE ranch, you won't need more than the 2 tablespoons.
  • unmitigatedbadassery
    unmitigatedbadassery Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Protein is your friend. Nuts (almonds, walnuts - NOT peanuts) or meat. Yeah, I said meat. I grill a few chicken breasts, split each one into 2 small baggies and have several 2oz(ish) snacks action packed with protein and yum.
  • annied4
    annied4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i just had a clementine and 2 tbsp of pumpkin seeds/ roasted sunflower seeds - 149 claories and very satisfying!
    or an apple and a wedge of laughing cow cheese - 120 claories
    I try to drink at least 4 cups of water before 10 am. I am thirsty and think I am hungry!
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    At work I keep with me nuts, string cheese, hummus and veggies, and I get mini bellpeppers and fill them with tuna. Or if I'm feeling wild and have the time tuna salad. Apple slices and nut butter is a good one too.