AdvoCare Workout Series - Can You 24 DVD

Options
Has anyone done this? I just ordered it this week. Do you know how to calculate out how many calories are burned when doing these exercises?

Replies

• Drvortex
    Drvortex Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello...I've just started this program on 27 Feb and on Day 15. The person that got me involved has done real well w/ this program. I've purchased a 72-day program and looking forward to it. I've been feeling better and better each day. There are alot of supplements (depends on if you got other supplements) but this isn't a program that will change you overnight. I've been doing the Can you 24 exercises. They are very good (similar exercises to the P90X but on less steroids...LOL). I've done the P90X when I was deployed and that kicked my butt. These exercises are great to start and then I go do a run afterwards. I really can't say how much I've lost (I'm holding off for the "shock" after the first 24 days) then I'll keep more track each week thereafter.

Anyways, I've been researching myself on how much calories are burned during these exercises. I found a website on P90X (http://p90xcalories.com/) that may help. It is all depends on your weight, height, exercise and length of time. After putting in some of the numbers for the P90X programs I was around 200/exercise and around 100/stretch exercise. I'm 183 pounds and 5'11. Put your numbers in the calculator and select the Plyometrics, Stretch X, Core Synergistics as starters. That should give you some idea until Advocare comes out w/ their own calculator based on the three intensity levels. I'm going to avg this all out and go w/ 200 exercise (Melt/Shred/Sculp 1) move up to 225-250 per Melt/Shred/Sculp 2 exercise and stick w/ 100 for the Core stretch. Hope this helps.

If you want more info about Advocare products, please let me know. I'm also a distributor and can be your personal guide/coach/motivator through the program. Again, I'm just starting as well and doing well so far. BTW...my name is Jason and nice to meet you. Good luck!!!
  • 302GO
    302GO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, great choice! I have been on Advocare products for a year now and have lost 28 lbs. How do you like to workout series so far? The best way to calculate calorie burn is by getting a heart rate monitor or a monitor that does the math for you. I bought a "watch" at wal mart for $22 and it gives me a pretty accurate count of how many calories I am burning. Good luck!
  • bgronostaj
    bgronostaj Posts: 6
    Options
    If you aren't used to exercising, it's a good program. Really I think it's a marketing tool to go along with the 24 DC for those who need to add in exercise to contribute to the products during the challenge. Offers more incentive for the cost of your 24DC as well. If you're paying, you're more motivated to do well during that time. If you're more advanced, you will sweat, but it's pretty easy. There are 3 different levels, all based on time of doing the exercises.

Great products, good program depending on your exercise and fitness level. Good Luck!
  • sf_vbmom
    sf_vbmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the DVD today. My question is: I go the full (level 3) time, but certainly not quite the intensity yet. Does that count for level 3?