The Diet Solution

Options
I just watched a video for the Diet Solution. Has anyone tried this? It sounds good, but I hate to spend money on it unless I know it's going to work. Any feedback would be appreciated!!

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Anything that says diet I would not buy. It is that kind of thinking that get people yo-yoing in weight. Just see a licensed nutritionist and learn about food portions control, balance diet, and then get a exercise plan. If you can not get an exercise plan on your own see a licensed personal trainer.
  • di8grupy
    di8grupy Posts: 2
    Options
    As my name indicates, I have looked for a quick fix for many years and have tried every 'diet' and have every contraption ever sold. Trust me, the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to be mindful of your portion size, eat healthy, filling food, and get your body moving every day. You will save yourself a lot of $$ and heartbreak. Good luck!
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    The name isn't indicative of the focus of the program. It's not a fad diet. It's a way of eating permanently that bans sugar, processed foods and encourages eating protien, good carbs, and a certain amount of fat. It is supposed to improve your body's ability to metabolize food for fat loss. It's against calorie counting, so quite different from what I'm doing on mfp.
    I have a major problem with sugar, so it sounds like it could be helpful and maybe the answer to why I'm having a hard time losing.
    I'm hoping someone else has seen it or tried it and can tell me if it's helped them.
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    I saw the same video....always interested in what they will say....it is really no different than what all of the :diet" or "no diet" companies are saying.
    Portion control and combining foods so it's more of a well rounded way of eating is a great start. Key points they said was...not all fats are bad was good, again you want well rounded, because once you start depriving yourself is when it becomes REALLY difficult and people fall off of the wagon. READ LABELS! That alone will probably make you put most stuff back on the shelfs! I was a yo-yo dieter for 8 years.....found REAL success in a program called Food Lovers. Lost 42 lbs, and felt like it taught me how to make good food choices. And it teaches you something new everyday about making a lifestyle change. Drink more water, sleep 8 hours, eat breakfast, learn how to snack. their site is www.dietfreelife.com. I have 16 lbs. to go which is hard, because don't want to "diet" and feel like I laready make good food choices which has been confirmed by not only the way I look and feel, but this nifty little calorie counter...which is something I didn't do on Food Lovers, (because you don't count calories). If you want to try out a "program" instead of buying it off of their website check out ebay first too.
  • lalouli
    lalouli Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. Food Lovers sounds interesting. I'll have to look into it. I'm just getting impatient because I've never been a "healthy" weight loser. When I've gained weight, I get angry at myself and restrict my calories like crazy and workout. Weight comes on pretty fast that way, but then creeps back up on me. I'm trying to do it in a more moderate, sane way this time so that I can work on changing the bad habits that got me where I am right now. Thanks for your ideas!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i think your should try it ,it will keep you motivated , and might be the diet that works for you:happy: and i would still use mfp it keeps track of fat and carbs and you will find you still dont eat alot of cals on a carb diet