I feel like eating a year's worth of food.

Options
So I'm going through this phase where I want to eat everything. Mostly crappy food. Even if I eat healthy food, I'll eatbad food later.Even though I'm full I still keep on eating. What can I do to stop this? I ate waaaaaaaaay more than my calorie intake. I think it's because I've lost weight and don't feel like losing more , though my goal is still to lose 15 lbs.Thanks.

Replies

• veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I actually did this yesterday and was waaayyy over my calories too. I would honeslty be embarrassed for anyone to see it :/ but anyway... Doing that actually motivated me to eat better today, and i was actually under my calories :). Just think about how how far you've come! And reward yourself once you meet your goal. Maybe chew a peice of sugar free gum too, that would occupy your mouth so you won't feel the need to eat!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    So I'm going through this phase where I want to eat everything. Mostly crappy food. Even if I eat healthy food, I'll eatbad food later.Even though I'm full I still keep on eating. What can I do to stop this? I ate waaaaaaaaay more than my calorie intake. I think it's because I've lost weight and don't feel like losing more , though my goal is still to lose 15 lbs.Thanks.
    Have you journeled or blogged about it (privately)? I know for myself that can really help me figure why I'm replacing feeling my feelings and subsituting in food.

Doesn't sound like this is a hunger thing, so it's more about something inside. Sometimes it's scary getting smaller and weighing less, I don't know much about you but it's worth thinking on. I think it has far less to do with food than other issues. Food is simply covering up something.

My thoughts and how it used to work for me and still will if I'm not careful:ohwell:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Try and eat healthy when you want to snack bad...that is what I do. Instead of chips or sweets....try fruit, veggies or 100 calorie snacks..that is what I have done. I lost some weight..but gained it all back...ready to do it and get there already. Good luck!
  • cassycarter
    Options
    I get that once in awhile too. I find running, or even just walking helps a lot. There have been times that I'll think about it, and i don't know if it's about the fear of being smaller, but I think it's more about failing and not quite making or reaching my goals. So I guess it's my brain telling me, give up now. So the running helps.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Try to find what triggers your cravings. I found that my problem was with location and time. Certain times of the day if I was downstairs near the kitchen I would eat anything and everything, I also have to avoid the kitchen after school and after walks. If you can find when and where the craving happen you can remove yourself from the situation. Planning ahead and having healthy snacks may help but if you are only craving junk food it may not be enough.
  • AudreySchach
    AudreySchach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should read the book "God, Women and Food" - I'm reading it right now. Quite interesting.
  • So I'm going through this phase where I want to eat everything. Mostly crappy food. Even if I eat healthy food, I'll eatbad food later.Even though I'm full I still keep on eating. What can I do to stop this? I ate waaaaaaaaay more than my calorie intake. I think it's because I've lost weight and don't feel like losing more , though my goal is still to lose 15 lbs.Thanks.

yup i knw how you feel. whenever i go out and eat or eat at all, i carry strong flavored gum. whenever im gettn full or dnt want 2 eat sumthn unhealthy i pop 2 peices of gum...then i cant eat more even if i wanted 2...works 4 me
  • 123gonnareachit
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. Tommorow I'm gonna get back on track :) (I hope)