motivation...in your head!!

Options
Hi everyone, i was just thinking although MFP is the best thing ever invented especially for motivation, support and getting to where you want to be....i also have a picture in my head of what i will look like when i have reached my goal, i'm getting ready to go out i've got an amazing slinkydress on and my partner looks at me like i'm the most amazing thing he's ever seen. This thought pops into my head several times a day without even trying to think about it and is soooo motivational. I was just wondering if anyone else has any specific thoughts of their own that keeps them motivated and if they'd like to share them??? :happy:

Replies

• SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend runs a garage and speed shop, as well as his own aftermarket autoparts business (Driftnami Performance....shameless plug lol) anyway, we are both into the modified car scene and he totes his business around to the big car shows. I keep picturing myself as his hot import girl. And like you, the thought pops in my head off and on all the time. It helps me push through workouts. :happy: And I use it to sorta punish myself for slipping.:grumble:
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Definitely a motivation hun. really keeps ya going to have your own motivational thoughts. Thanx for sharing. x
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have this vision of walking into an average store and buying cute clothes of the rack. I've had to shop in plus sized clothing stores since I was 12 or so. I shop a lot in my head. lol Only being able to wear ugly frumpy plus sizes for most of your life sucks so bad, I can't wait until I get to wear cute regular clothes!

One of my goals is to be able to go into Forever 21 and buy a size medium pair of jeans. That's the day I'll feel like I've really done it!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    When I walk into those designer stores with ultra restricted size clothes,that are very tailored and be able
    to pick up anything! Thats one of my motivations! :D
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Haha, this post made me smile soooo much! :laugh: Thanks for sharing your little thoughts and motivations - I am so glad I am not alone in the "fantasy new me" thoughts!!

I have them all the time, ranging from the realistic (things with your partner thinking you are the most devastatingly good looking person on the planet) through to a crazy work one that would never happen...!

Long story...but one of the times I felt the fattest was we had signed a WAG to be "the face" of our new clothing range 'Ask & Embla' last year. She was tiny and had the most sensational figure - but in a very desirable way, not at all scrawny, boobs and bum, just all in a very neat little package!! So I was standing at a photoshoot feeling like the biggest hippo in the world and that made me want to slim down the most.

So my most crazy fantasy is that as that contract with her has now ended, our global marketing director will call me up and say the campaign was a great success but we want someone who knows and lives the brand to be the face of A&E for the next season...everyone says you'd be perfect...and the build a whole ad campaign around me!

Haha... :laugh: :blushing: I did tell you it was crazy and ridiculous. (At least yours will happen!!) But it does keep me going (an laughing at myself) on the damn treadmill!!
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Great reply happy jax!! and you never know your boss probably knows how amazing you are and is just waiting to give you that call!! Good luck huni :happy: :happy:
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I have this fantasy about shopping with my cousin. She's like a size 5 and we've never been able to try on clothes together in the same store. I think about that a lot when I'm exercising. Or I picture myself at whatever event or special occasion I have upcoming looking gorgeous, healthy and amazing!
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    uh ohhh I don't have one :(

I like the hot import girl idea!

K I'm gonna start one now.....my picture will be me in a bikini and no sarong...in public....whaaaa???
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It's so great knowing that I'm not the only one who imagines this stuff :laugh: