Pretty sure these SHINY BRAND NEW scales are broken?

Options
Lol, so I bought new scales last night and I'm confused. It's telling me I weigh 16st 10lbs.. but 109kg. According to my calculations that doesn't convert.

Then again they can't be broken. I put a 5lb weight on it and it weighed it perfectly but when I stand on it, it doesn't?

HELP! x

Replies

• marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You asked: Whats 16 stone 10 lbs in kilo?
    106.14061458 kilograms
    so almost
  • ttcfightingfat
    Options
    No, I think I'm wording this badly. My scales show you your weight in kilo's and st/lbs at the same time.

My scales are showing me 109kg and 16st 10lb which doesn't make sense as 16st 10lb is around 106kg.

So what is going wrong with my scales?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Instead of asking us why not call the manufacturer?
  • ttcfightingfat
    Options
    Don't think there's a need for attitude.

Obviously, I'm asking to try and get some advice whether I should go by the stones and lbs. Or whether I should go by the kg. Or whether I just need new scales.

"Call the manufacturer" fantastic advice. When you have a weight loss question, don't ask here, call a nutritionist or a personal trainer.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You asked: Whats 16 stone 10 lbs in kilo?
    106.14061458 kilograms
    so almost

That's a fairly big difference.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Obviously, I'm asking to try and get some advice whether I should go by the stones and lbs. Or whether I should go by the kg. Or whether I just need new scales.

"Call the manufacturer" fantastic advice. When you have a weight loss question, don't ask here, call a nutritionist or a personal trainer.

Don't go by either since you don't know which is correct.

And I'm not quite sure why you're so annoyed at the suggestion to call the manufacturer. We're not scale technicians.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

I don't think she had an attitude or was trying to be rude... With such a big difference, there's not really anything we can do.

Whether you choose the stones/lbs or kg, stick with it, and don't switch back and forth during your weigh-ins because your weights will be inconsistent, and you won't actually get an accurate recording. In the meantime, call the manufacturer because it sounds like there's something wrong with the scale that we can't help with.
  • ttcfightingfat
    Options
    Guys, I wasn't expecting you to telepathically fix the problem. Clearly. Everyone here uses scales, and I can't find any other reports online of anyone asking this question. So whether it was me being thick or a genuine issue, was in my mind. Therefore, a simple.. "that's not normal, you should call the manufacturer." would have been fine. "instead of asking us" is attitude to me. I'm pretty sure we've all had questions that could be solved by calling the manufacturer but you ask someone who may have better knowledge than you in the hope its an issue easily fixed. I live in the UK so calling an american company is complicated. Therefore, thought I could ask here first. I know not to in the future. :)