surgery after weight loss??

Options
im still loosing weight but im saving up to have excess skin removed when i am down to my ideal weight anyone on here done this experiences? advantages disadvantages ?

im 13 stone 5lb currently so need to loose a good bit more (50ish lb) but im 23 and don't want to go threw the rest of my life with these bingo wings and bingo thighs !

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    http://funeralformyfat.tumblr.com/tagged/tummytuck <--- she is about your age and had a tummy tuck and thighs done...you might be interested in reading :)
  • lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    thanks for the link will check it out =D
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    YES! Sharee (funeralformyfat) is amazing, and she's proof that you can do anything you put your mind to. Even if she doesn't help you decide one way or the other for surgery, she's a huge inspiration. For what it's worth, she took 4 years to lose the weight and was at a healthy weight for a long while before getting surgery. Even if your skin doesn't tighten as you lose, it may further in the future. Sharee's said on her tumblr that she's absolutely thrilled with her results, so if it's something you feel like you'd want in a few years, go for it!
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    yeah i talked about it with my husband they laugh because i was always a thigh girl and the loose yukky mess on the inside of my thighs i have affectionately named my testicals =_= bad i know but if i can't laugh ill cry

my family said that ive worked hard to loose it the natural way and everyones willing to help with the cost so nothings holding me back if you go private do you have to wait 3 years after getting to you ideal weight and what about tummy tucks? can you get pregnant after i know its a silly question lol
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You're young, chances are if you maintain the weight loss for a couple of years you'll see a huge improvement in your skin. It takes longer for the skin to shrink than it does for the fat to burn. Don't stress out about it! :smile:
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    You're young, chances are if you maintain the weight loss for a couple of years you'll see a huge improvement in your skin. It takes longer for the skin to shrink than it does for the fat to burn. Don't stress out about it! :smile:

i hope so it will take me another year to loose the rest of my weight and shall see how the skin is then but at the moment the rashes and spots and the fact the thigh fat/skin combo is annoying me when i walk is making me want the surgery so bad
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Most surgeons will only do it if you are done having children because you.shouldn't stretch the skin again.
    My plan is to save over 4 years see how my skin is in that time, then if need be have it done.xx
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    At your age a lot of it will shrink back given time and who wants scars on their arms and legs? Give it the time it needs. If you are 5 years into maintenance and it makes you crazy reevaluate.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    ive gave up hope on my arms more than anywhere the doctor i see told me it wont return due to the amount of stretch marks i have around my upper arms so i dont see a scar being that bad atm I'm going to have another baby next year and will be waiting a while after this so my body can heal ect my thighs are the same with the stretch marks and thats where the problems areas are i am saving up for the surgery and will see how i feel after having another baby and letting my body heal i also have 50lb more to loose which will take me a while x i guess this is what happens when your 282lb and only 5,3 for you late teens and early 20s sigh! wish i had of got it under control before x
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Generally the surgeons want you to be stable at your weight for at least 6 months before they will perform the surgery on you...so get down to your goal weight and be able to hold it there for at least 6 months. I haven't done mine yet but I know several who have...sometimes insurance will cover a panni removal, so you can check into that to see if you qualify.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a tummy tuck when I'm done losing weight but I'm also done having children. I wouldn't have one if you haven't had kids yet and intend to, I'd wait.
  • reverend10
    reverend10 Posts: 4
    Options
    i lost 14 stone and then had to keep to a wieght for about 2 years before the surgeon would do the tummy tuck [fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty].
    you will have a scar and they wont give you a washboard stomach, but it does work.
    dont go into it thinking its gonna be the end of all your troubles, its a hard opp to go through.

saying that im so glad i had it done :}
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    i know it will be hard i have one son and will be having one next year hopefully so not aiming to have surgery for 4-5 years from now i know it will leave scars but its already making me incompatible and whats a scar when you look like a tiger anyway with stretch marks lol!