A Healthier Me

Options
I haven't really seen the effects of my weight loss in the way of clothing size or even on the scale to much, which was really making me irritated. You know I have been walking/running my butt off and no size change but this week I was so tired couldn't even hold my head up and actually got some good news. I have been taking a beta blocker for the last 15 years or so for a fast heart rate, the medication keeps the heart rate at a high normal level or around 100 bpm. Well I checked with the doctor since I felt so bad and found out that I have exercised so much that my meds had my heart rate down in the low 60 range and my blood pressure was 100/60. No wonder I was tired, the doctor took me off my medication woo hoo. He says that exercising lowers your heart rate and since I am doing so well I am now medication free. Finally the first time in my adult life that I have not gotten up in the morning and taken several prescriptions for various things. The healthier me wakes up and has breakfast and coffee without ANY, none, nada, zilch, no medication LOL.

Replies

• sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your post seriously makes me so happy :D:D

That is so much more important than clothing size, scale readings...etc.
    I am a pharmacist and I rarely ever see people come off of beta-blockers. Good for you!!

:flowerforyou:
  • sheyna1983
    sheyna1983 Posts: 137
    Options
    I take that back.

I've NEVER seen someone come off of a beta blocker. One lady was able to have her dosage decreased after she lost weight. But that's it.
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    This is a BIG thing for you! Medication free beats out losing weight in my book...I'm sure the weight will follow your medication and take flight!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!! I'm so happy for you & that just goes to show us all not to be so dependant on what we see on the scale. .. those things lie to us sometimes :smile: !! And I think it's awesome that you go to the doctor probably thinking you may have something else wrong that's going to take more medicine and actually get to come off the meds you were already taking!!!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome! Medicine free is great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!