I love my little gym but.....

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I adore my little gym, but I went to start my free month at the new gym and I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo digging this place. I played basketball today and I havent dont that in YEARS!!!! I kicked a soccerball around and swam. I felt like I was at camp or something!!!! I still have skillz(hahahahaha) actually I think I am more gifted now in the court. I also hopped on this almost virtual reality stationary bike, where it was a video game and you saw your virtual path, competitors, and course ahead as well as a pacer. It took the boring out of a cardio routine. It wasn't easy either it was more like a real bike, and definatelly pumped my ticker. Unfortunately the gym is a little high but I may do it anyways, cause I have the theroy that if I spend the money on my fitness now, it will pay out in the long run with great health. I am still gonna keep my other gym though, cause it is sooo close and inexpensive...I am a bit obsessed one may say

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I adore my little gym, but I went to start my free month at the new gym and I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo digging this place. I played basketball today and I havent dont that in YEARS!!!! I kicked a soccerball around and swam. I felt like I was at camp or something!!!! I still have skillz(hahahahaha) actually I think I am more gifted now in the court. I also hopped on this almost virtual reality stationary bike, where it was a video game and you saw your virtual path, competitors, and course ahead as well as a pacer. It took the boring out of a cardio routine. It wasn't easy either it was more like a real bike, and definatelly pumped my ticker. Unfortunately the gym is a little high but I may do it anyways, cause I have the theroy that if I spend the money on my fitness now, it will pay out in the long run with great health. I am still gonna keep my other gym though, cause it is sooo close and inexpensive...I am a bit obsessed one may say
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    The virtual exercise bike sounds too cool!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    The virtual exercise bike sounds too cool!
    It is SOOOOOOOO darn cool. I felt like lance!!!!! It was my lil tour de france!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just "upgraded" my gym today. . .I say go for it! (treat yourself!):flowerforyou:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!! I wish I could afford a gym membership:grumble:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    is that at a national chain or something? what kind of gym is it?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome!! I wish I could afford a gym membership:grumble:

Ditto, stupid student loans!!!!
    Oh well, I'm picking up bits and pieces of exercise kit as I go. I'm going to make my own gym if I have to :)
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    A virtual reality bike?! That sounds SO cool!! Beats my beat up exercise bike that lives in the spare bathroom :laugh:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have tried those virtual reality bikes and yes they are hard but fun. But that one is on the army base nearby and now they don't allow civilians in so I have to work out at home. I use to work at the one in town but since I put on this weight I won't go near that place with a ten foot pole. I cannot let them see me like this even if I just had a baby. I mean the one step instructor had her baby and was back to her svelte self in 1 month!!!!:sad: WHY NOT ME I SAY???!!!!:sad:
  • Steffykins
    Steffykins Posts: 176
    Options
    Because some people just aren't human :grumble:
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I know right?? she was even stepping at 4 months since her body was use to it . Can you say mighty woman???
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That place sounds GREAT!
    To bad I hafta stick to my community center full of 80 year olds. :indifferent:
    I'm jealous.
  • donna0003
    donna0003 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    the bike sounds cool.
    I am trying to decide what gym to stick with right now. I have my account on hold at L.A. Fitness for the summer so the kids and I can enjoy the pool at lifetime fitness. Lifetime is like a little resort to me, indoor and outdoor pool, cafes, kick butt kids zone… but it’s crowded and the step aerobics instructor sucks booty. L.A. fitness is a lot cheaper, and has great step instructors, but it’s just a gym, no play involved. I don’t know which one to stick with. Glad you found one better and are enjoying it.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    GUESS WHAT! I went to the YMCA for the first time today and they have those virtual exercise bikes!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!yupi3ti.gif

I jumped right on it and did an hour and man, was I sweating! Hills and everthing--which we don't have around here, so that was new experience for me. What fun though! yupi3ti.gif