Help not losing wieght

Hello. I currently weight 140 lbs and I am eating 1450 calories a day. I work out 5-7 days a week doing either boot camp, lifting, yoga or cardio. I am afraid that I am eating too many calories or not enough since I am gaining weight. Any advice would be great.
Thank you

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Do you eat back exercise cals?

Do you weigh and measure everything you eat?
  • lolo3115
    lolo3115 Posts: 3 Member
    My trainer has me just eating 1450 calories. Not keeping track of exercise cals. I am weighing and measuring everything that I eat or scanning it.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Is it a recent quick gain like maube that time of the month bloating or your sodium intake?
  • TavistockToad
    personally i think that your calorie goal is too low for the amount of exercise.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    It does not seem that you are eating enough.
    Try this calculator, put 3-5 h exercise, and stick above your BMR and below your TDEE. I do not know your height and age.
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Aboulet
    Aboulet Posts: 11
    When I look at Net Calories Consumed for the week (apparently a chart only available on my mobile app version of MFP) I see I am not hitting the red line after my exercise calories are deducted. My weight loss has also stalled. Am I supposed to hit the red line? Am I in "starvation" or "survival" mode? Am I supposed to be hitting this red line all, most, or some days? I think I need some advice.

I think that if I eat more, and get to the 1200 calories a day NET, then maybe the weight loss will resume. Maybe the same is true for you as well. I'm afraid to eat more, because I don't want to gain weight, but not eating is not getting me any results, so I'm willing to try a new approach.
  • TavistockToad
    When I look at Net Calories Consumed for the week (apparently a chart only available on my mobile app version of MFP) I see I am not hitting the red line after my exercise calories are deducted. My weight loss has also stalled. Am I supposed to hit the red line? Am I in "starvation" or "survival" mode? Am I supposed to be hitting this red line all, most, or some days? I think I need some advice.

I think that if I eat more, and get to the 1200 calories a day NET, then maybe the weight loss will resume. Maybe the same is true for you as well. I'm afraid to eat more, because I don't want to gain weight, but not eating is not getting me any results, so I'm willing to try a new approach.

yes, you should NET your calorie goal.
  • lolo3115
    lolo3115 Posts: 3 Member
    It has been a recent gain. Not the time of the month and my sodium has been low. I am worried that I am not eating enough calories and my body is holding onto fat.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    It has been a recent gain. Not the time of the month and my sodium has been low. I am worried that I am not eating enough calories and my body is holding onto fat.

If you use the calculator that I linked above, how many calories does it says that you should eat for 3-5 times exercise per week?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Did you just recently start or increase your exercise routine? It's not uncommon to see a rise on the scale when you start a new routine because your body floods sore muscles with water to help them heal.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Your exercise level is pretty high, I would definitley try upping your calories.