Brazilian Butt lift by Bodyworks

Options
Just bought this new workout made by the same company as P90X (Which I love but don't have the time for the intense workouts) Has anyone else tried the Brazilian butt lift? I've tried it two days now and I am sore in places I forgot about. Any one with success or failure on this workout?

Replies

• BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It is actually by Beachbody, not Bodyworks...but YES I love BBL! I am doing the workouts only a few times per week b/c I am currently doing a p90x/Insanity hybrid. I was amazed at how quickly i saw results. I think it works the core/waist area almost as much (if not more) than the booty. I did have to go buy a stronger resistance booty band. The yellow one that came w/it just didn't do anything for me. I think the workouts have a big fun factor to them so I don't dread doing them. I even enjoyed Cardio Axe which I didn't think I would. I now break up High & Tight & do band work one day, ankle weight another day...

I hope you enjoy it!
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    I bought it just before Christmas !

I like it and I too had soreness in my bum bum the first few days :tongue:

I did follow the schedule for about 30 days then started to add/switch workouts. I still do one of the brazil butt lift workout pretty much every day, along with some more intense cardio, bodyweight training or running.

I wish I had better results by now but even though the shape is still not up to my goal, I now have a rock hard butt !
  • manderpander22
    Options
    I have been using these videos for a few weeks now. I don't do them everyday because I like to have variety but my boyfriend noticed my butt looked a little more perky after just two workouts. I also noticed muscle soreness in my hips which is great since I find that to be a hard area to work. I definitely plan on keeping up with these workouts.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback!! I look forward to seeing results :) One more question how do you figure the calories burned from the BBL videos?
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your feedback!! I look forward to seeing results :) One more question how do you figure the calories burned from the BBL videos?

I wear a heart rate monitor when I do BBL (& all my other workouts as well). For me, Bum Bum & Cardio Axe burn almost the same (240 ish) Hi& Tight about 100 less than those 2. Tummy Tuck I burn about 70. I don't do Sculpt. But everytime I do these workouts my calorie burn is different, so I would suggest you get a HRM for an accurate read. It also depends on each person's weight/height/age/resting heart rate...you may burn more or less than me....
  • littlelisa24
    Options
    Belle, Do you also use the chest strap with the watch? I don't know how to use my HRM. It tracks my pulse with out it. I'm mostly using the GPS on my watch but the calaries are a bonus.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thank you!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    bump
  • careyb3ar
    careyb3ar Posts: 1
    Options
    i just started and feel muscles i forgot i had and after 2 workouts i feel things changing, i'll be alternating kettleworx and brazilbutt and running so im not bored :)
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been doing TurboFire but I'm growing a little bored of it. I have Brazil Butt Lift so I'm thinking of starting it today... then after the month go back and forth between the two.
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this!! Glad to see everyone likes it! I am currently doing Slim in 6 which is made by beachbody as well and I plan to start brazilian butt lift after I finish sliim in 6 or maybe i'll mix it in once in awhile!!! :)
  • haleyb48
    haleyb48 Posts: 1
    Options
    I started BBL on March 2nd after a friend recommended it to me and have been so amazed at how fast my body changed. I've lost 18 inches over my body in 20 days. I do it about 1 1/2 hours a day and watch what I eat which I know not everyone has the time to do but I'm so happy and finally lost all my weight from having my baby over 4 years ago and then some. Good luck everyond and I absolutely recommend this workout.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YEP!!! IT IS THE BEST!
  • tagiriga
    tagiriga Posts: 17
    Options
    I am about 3 weeks in and love it too. Actually seeing and feeling the changes already. This is exactly what I needed since its low impact. I typically do Insanity, HIIT and weight training but it was all taking a toll on my body and joints. I am getting results from this workout and its not beating up my body like my other workouts used to. Its a nice change.

I am also having a hard time figuring out the cals burned. I have 2-3 HRMs at home but I can't seem to get them to do what I need them to. Have to try to play with them again to see what happens.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Question for you BBL people! Is there any jumping involved? I live in a 2nd floor apartment and don't want my downstairs neighbors to hate me. Thanks!
  • tagiriga
    tagiriga Posts: 17
    Options
    Question for you BBL people! Is there any jumping involved? I live in a 2nd floor apartment and don't want my downstairs neighbors to hate me. Thanks!

No...it is not like Insanity if that is what you are thinking about. The only jumps I can think of is in Bum Bum where you do frog jumps and burpees. Frog jumps are when you squat then jump up and into another squat. You are supposed to land softly so you shouldn't make much noise and its only a few times. If you are really concerned just don't jump but continue squatting. For the burpees you can just not do the jump at the end if you are worried about it. He always shows modifications that do not include the jumps so you can follow that.

Good Luck!!