complaints about scale

Options
One thing i learned to avoid is to ***** about lack of progress on the scale. I find that if you throw yourself into a forum full of people , it will do more harm than good. One will tell you you are not doing enough of this , one will tell you to cut back on something else. One will tell you your not eating enough , one will tell you you are eating too much. Enough to drive you out of your mind. Most of the time the people that ***** about not losing weight claiming they are under calorie goal and doing exercise, are feeding you a line of crap because their food diaries are rarely exposed and they have more cheat days , than honest days. Thats just my take on it. Better not to ***** and be patient. If you are not making any strides after 5 or 6 months , than you are doing something wrong and its not the fault of the scale

Replies

• joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Yep some stuff should be keep out of the forums. I now use my blog now more then the forums. I only use the forums for legit questions.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    I think that if you wake up in the morning and your stomach has that feeling as though you fasted the day before, you know you lost weight without even getting on scale
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Even in context, I couldn't figure out what ***** was this time and I'm usually pretty decent at that. BTW, I love threads that complain about other people complaining.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You mad bro?
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You mad bro?

Nah, just HANGRY, love! :tongue:
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I think that if you wake up in the morning and your stomach has that feeling as though you fasted the day before, you know you lost weight without even getting on scale

I love that feeling.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You mad bro?

Nah, just HANGRY, love! :tongue:

:bigsmile:
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    the word was ***** but they bleeped it out
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    ***** referring to a nasty woman with an attitude
  • joleenl
    Options
    One thing i learned to avoid is to ***** about lack of progress on the scale. I find that if you throw yourself into a forum full of people , it will do more harm than good. One will tell you you are not doing enough of this , one will tell you to cut back on something else. One will tell you your not eating enough , one will tell you you are eating too much. Enough to drive you out of your mind. Most of the time the people that ***** about not losing weight claiming they are under calorie goal and doing exercise, are feeding you a line of crap because their food diaries are rarely exposed and they have more cheat days , than honest days. Thats just my take on it. Better not to ***** and be patient. If you are not making any strides after 5 or 6 months , than you are doing something wrong and its not the fault of the scale

I think everyone wants to be heard. People talk about things that they have no clue about. They give advice when they just joined themselves on things they have no experience in. You should make progress every month, if you're not you have to reassess.

^^ This I absolutely agree with!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    go to dr and get weighed its not the scale
  • brower47
    Options
    ***** referring to a nasty woman with an attitude

I can't believe I couldn't figure that out. Thanks.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    what was the point of this post?????
  • joleenl
    Options
    I think everyone in the forums should have tickers. That way you can kind of (assuming it's truthful) rate the advice... For example someone who has lost 75 pounds vs someone who has lost 2 pounds.
  • healthyeating555
    Options
    the point of the post was to advise people to stop looking for attention on a message board when most of the time the advice is pointless and people will do what they want no matter what anyone tells them
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    SCALES LIE.

Track your progress with calipers, or failing that, how your jeans and bra fit.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Even in context, I couldn't figure out what ***** was this time and I'm usually pretty decent at that. BTW, I love threads that complain about other people complaining.

^^This. Passive-Aggressive, thy name is OP.
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I can just tell that I've lost weight. So I'll go weigh and sure enough! :)
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SCALES LIE.

Track your progress with calipers, or failing that, how your jeans and bra fit.

I don't wear a bra...
  • brower47
    Options
    I think everyone in the forums should have tickers. That way you can kind of (assuming it's truthful) rate the advice... For example someone who has lost 75 pounds vs someone who has lost 2 pounds.

But lots of people set short term goals, so their numbers will never be large. I started at 198 lbs and have lost more than 8 lbs, just as an example. Also, there are those that haven't lost much but show progress pictures where they look 30 lbs lighter because they have been doing a lot of weight lifting and their body composition has changed drastically (for the better). And then there are those that have lost 50 lbs eating 800 calories a day, therefor in a not so healthy way.

These are examples of how the tickers aren't always the best measurement of success.