The Fruitarian Living in a Human Diet Horror Movie

Options
I'm scared, really really scared for the human species. Since becoming a fruitarian and completely rebuilding my body and health to peak levels I now see how sick everyone else is around me.
The diets that are eaten in industrialized society today is a ticket to suffering, death and destruction. Our medical systems and hospitals are overrun and in dire states.
People are sick and only getting sicker, and it's almost all due to diet.
The greatest challenge of human history is upon us. All the wars, conflicts and plagues of human history cannot compete with the death and destruction that is taking hold of our society today all due to our horrible perverted relationship with processed foods. I feel like I'm trapped in the Matrix movie, human society is so out of touch that it seems like there is no hope at times....

(Mike Arnstein)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo0i4tXdM94&playnext=1&videos=bhOdYBVvV8s

Replies

• Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:

I was lucky enough to live in Sri Lanka for 3 years and ate crazy-huge fruit salads every day and never felt better! Although my diet there was not 100% fruit, it was at least 50+% which is out of the ordinary in S.A.D.s. Someone would shimmy up the tree and grab a jak fruit or coconut and you KNEW where your food was coming from...your front lawn! I really got depressed when I moved back to the states and tried to replicate my Sri Lankan diet. ={ I miss my mangosteens, woodapples, jak and rambutons...sigh... I've also been reading a lot of what Mango (I think that's his prefered name) has to say and it just makes so much sense. "Plants give us fruit to eat so we'll take care of them, not eat them." That part really spoke to me!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    While I agree this current society has a problem. And maybe I'm putting too much faith in my fellow man before I say this, but I think we'll figure this out.

We look back on when we kept slaves in this country and go "WTF were they thinking?"

And just like it's taken 100 years of Industrialization to realize reckless pollution isn't a good idea. We as a society will eventually figure out that you cannot work in an office all day, eat junk, and be healthy. At least in this part of the country most of society is only in thier 2nd generation off the farm. Where you worked to grow your food and it was natural. Now we still eat like we're doing the work, but we work in offices. After millions of dollars and lots of diseases we'll figure it out....either that or the people who did figure it out will be the only ones left.
  • moreveggiesplease
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Mindy! This really hit a nerve for me. Just what I need right now.
  • moreveggiesplease
    Options
    I need to watch this everyday..... it will definitely keep me focused. It made me cry. Such a great video!
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My husband recently was affected by gasteral bacteria. He doesnt eat fruit or veggies no matter how hard I try to get him to do so. I have fallen off the wagon but after what happened to my husband this week and this video - yeah, I am not going near a fast food chain. I will have fruit and veggies everyday, even if I have to go to the grocery store and buy it daily. I am not going to wind up like him or the rest of my family with high blood pressure and obesity. Thank you for sharing.
  • talenamarie
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. My family and I have taken on the fruit & veggie way more recently. I am happy to say that most processed food is out of our home. I have noticed that the kids behave better, I feel healthier and haven't been sick in some time. I may slip up from time to time, but after watching the video. I think a cleaner way of eating might be the only way. Have a wonderful weekend.