Zumba video(s) versus classes

Options
I'm unemployed so can't afford gyms/classes so am exercising at home (stationary bike, walking, dumbbells, etc.). Does anyone use Zumba videos and can they share how they feel they work for them? I love to dance, years ago loved Jazzercise and got great results. Just would like to hear any feedback/recommendations from anyone actually using these. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I have Xbox 360 Kinect Zumba Core, and I have the Zumba Small package with the 5 DVD's. I have done the Activate and the Learn DVD as well as the 20 minute DVD.

I haven't tried the long/regular DVD yet.

I do them about 3 times a night for cardio at home. I prefer the XBox because I have more options. I can choose a low, medium, or high intensity class, and I can pick individual songs. I get a better calorie burn (with my HRM) with the XBox, and there is more of a music selection.
  • 4summer38
    Options
    I have Zumba DVDs and they are so much fun! I have a girl crush on G. The videos aren't boring to do and to be honest I don't even feel like I'm working out, I feel like I'm at a party! I bought mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for $62, and had a coupon for 20% off. I'm sure classes are much more fun, but I'm looking for ways to save money too, so I went the DVD route.
  • 4summer38
    Options
    I have Zumba DVDs and they are so much fun! I have a girl crush on G. The videos aren't boring to do and to be honest I don't even feel like I'm working out, I feel like I'm at a party! I bought mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for $62, and had a coupon for 20% off. I'm sure classes are much more fun, but I'm looking for ways to save money too, so I went the DVD route.

With my coupon the entire DVD set was like $58. I'm sure you can find it cheaper on Ebay or Amazon.
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input, I really appreciate it. Good luck on your journey(s)!
  • runemrun923
    Options
    YouTube has a bunch. You can try it there to see how you life it first
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on the Wii, that is waaaay fun, and you can do it in the privacy of your own home. I'm late to the conversation, but I thought I would put that out there...lol :smile:
  • pienthesky32
    pienthesky32 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD's as well and they are a good workout, however the motivation I get from the group classes keeps me going. They are definitely nice to have when I can't get to a class.
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Those options are available on the Wii, too...low, medium, or high intensity...u can customize your own classes, put your own class together, make it as short or as long as you want (up to 12 songs). It's great! :smile:
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got my Zumba set on Amazon really cheap :) Love it! I did classes too but honestly I can get the same burn on my own. Plus I fit it into my own time frame which is great. The Zumba rush DVD is 20 minutes so you can get a fast burn in even if you are crunched on time.

If you check youtube first I would recommend looking up kosheban- they have a few different instructors at different levels just to give you some ideas.

Good luck!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Someone just posted a free Zumba pieced together workout for youtube tonight. Go to the link below. I am going to try it. I have many of the workouts and my gym has the classes also:

• Slpst46
    Slpst46 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump - for review at home later