Strength Training Advice

Options
Does anyone know of a website or somewhere that has free weight training plans? I don't have a gym membership, so it would need to be an at-home, dumbbell workout.

I'm looking for a guide to which exercises to do on which days and which muscle groups to work together? Maybe even diagrams of correct form?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• konekoanni
    konekoanni Posts: 2
    Options
    Search for "Starting Strength" and "Strong Lifts 5x5". Bodbot is also a pretty useful app, especially for bodyweight exercises. And I don't know if you're familiar with reddit, but /r/fitness has some excellent resources on setting up your personal routine and getting started.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    Free is ok but you won't get any personal support. I have a list of pretty cheap paid sites you can get access too if interested pm can't post links mods will have a fit :) good luck either way :)
  • LauraTGreen
    LauraTGreen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excellent thank you will check all of these out!
  • LauraTGreen
    LauraTGreen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Free is ok but you won't get any personal support. I have a list of pretty cheap paid sites you can get access too if interested pm can't post links mods will have a fit :) good luck either way :)

Yeah I agree that paid would be better, but I'm unemployed at the moment so can't really spare any money that isn't for rent. If you could pm the links anyway, maybe I could look into them when I'm in a better financial position ?

:)
  • spinedocmfp
    spinedocmfp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Muscleandstrength.com is a great site for all forms of lifting and diet information and it is free. There are lots of articles and pre-made exercise programs including home body weight and dumbbell exercises.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Muscleandstrength.com and bodybuilding.com
  • alysally5
    alysally5 Posts: 3
    Options
    I found some workouts on youtube a couple of weeks ago.
  • sharonleigh17
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has a lot of them for women with printable sheets, tips, nutrition plans, etc.
  • jalloggio
    jalloggio Posts: 141
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has a lot of them for women with printable sheets, tips, nutrition plans, etc.

Best free one IMO programs are made by pro trainers
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options

Best free one IMO programs are made by pro trainers

I'm with these two .... and 8 count body builders, pushups, and body weight squats,walking lunges will do wonders for you too .....I believe they are all covered on the site.....(except the 8 count BB's)