hitting snooze button 9 million times

Options
OK so I could really use some advice on this,

I have always been one of those people that need 8 to almost honestly 10 hours of sleep a night...and even if I get that much, when I set the alarm to wake up at 6 to work out I have gotten into a REALLY bad habit of hitting the snooze button my phone to turn it off and fall back asleep...

any tips on not doing this anymore? thanks! :)

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Put your alarm on the other side of the room so you actually have to get up to turn it off.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time and i would really like to know myself. only thing is i dont really need that much sleep but even when i do im still exhausted in the am. the snooze button is my best friend but its annoying too
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So I also just read on a site that a lack of Iron could cause you to be even more sluggish or need more sleep at night?
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Options
    Ahhh great idea thanks!!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Usually that only happens to me when I am not getting enough sleep.

you could always get one of these.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sonic-Alert-Boom-Alarm-Clock-BB500SS/15707865
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,521 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep earlier?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    How are weekends? It was incredibly annoying at first, but I find that I sleep much, much better when I started getting up at the same time everyday. Now, I naturally wake up between 6-6:30.

It's kind of weird, but I also keep my blinds open at night. I go to bed at around 10:30, and it's usually dark enough (although the Michigan summers mess with me a bit), but in the morning, it's getting light, and I wake up naturally with the sun shining in.

In the winter when this isn't possible (because it's only light from like 8-5) I use a light therapy lamp set on a timer to help me wake up. I bought it for my SAD (seasonal affective disorder), and it simulates the light that helps me wake up in the summer.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I put my alarm on a night stand by my feet. When I hit snooze, I spring up really fast and it feels like I'm doing sit ups.
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    I always just turn it off so I know that if I go back to sleep I'll be late and I get up, but that could be bad for you and you might ACTUALLY go back to sleep haha. You could put it somewhere away form your bed so you have to get up or set your snooze time for one minute so eventual you'll just get annoyed with it going off so much and get up :laugh:
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Don't act like a teenager and get out of bed?
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Options
    Don't act like a teenager and get out of bed?

Wow thanks.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Options
    I always just turn it off so I know that if I go back to sleep I'll be late and I get up, but that could be bad for you and you might ACTUALLY go back to sleep haha. You could put it somewhere away form your bed so you have to get up or set your snooze time for one minute so eventual you'll just get annoyed with it going off so much and get up :laugh:

Yeah this seems like a really good idea I'm going to give it a try tonight
  • Gunr2147
    Gunr2147 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had to put mine in the bathroom next to my bedroom so I would get up and have to shut it off. Stubbing your toe one or two times in a sleep induced stumble/mad dash for the alarm will cure you of hitting that cursed snooze button
  • hmontigney
    hmontigney Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. A lot of people do. You hit the snooze until the last minute when you know you officially NEED to get up and get ready. It could be a number of things. You might not be getting enough sleep but like yourself, even when I get 8-10 hours of sleep at night, I still find myself exhausted in the morning. There are two things that help me. First, getting a good workout in for the day will put me to sleep like a baby and I wake up feeling extremely well rested and energized. And two, put the alarm across the room so you literally have to get out of bed to shut it off. Once you get up, it's not gonna be so easy to crawl back into bed and go to sleep. Good luck, hope this helps.
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    How are weekends? It was incredibly annoying at first, but I find that I sleep much, much better when I started getting up at the same time everyday. Now, I naturally wake up between 6-6:30.

I've heard that this is helpful too. I've never tried it because I feel like it's my time to catch up on sleep. I'd be curious to know how long it takes to "adjust" to have a natural waking time.
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have been hitting snoze all week this week. I go through phases like this. My problem is that I'm being lazy and just want to lay in bed longer. I'm not sure if you are experiencing the same thing or not. My husband and I both go to bed early because we get up early. He works early and I get up to workout before work.

For me, I just have to suck it up and get up (because I know I got enough sleep).

Setting 2 alarms back to back may help. I might try that tomorrow. Set them for 1 minute apart. That way if I try to fall back asleep I won't get to.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I hate the snooze button with a fiery passion! When my alarm goes off I just get up, the snooze is a waste of time and the sleep you get in that 10 minutes is worthless. My boyfriend will hit the snooze over and over again and it drives me insane. I don't have any advice besides to stop being lazy and just get up, it's not hard.
  • castoa
    castoa Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to require a lot of sleep & still felt tired in the a.m. with difficulty waking up. Turned out to be sleep apnea. After a sleep study & starting to use a c-pap machine; I now wake up easily feeling completely refreshed. Might be a good idea to talk with your doctor.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    8-10? I would kill for 6 solid hours. Assuming no kids or responsibilities? (Not a jab at you).
  • wanderinggypsy
    Options
    I began to have this problem when I discovered I have a wheat allergy. Now that I've given up all things wheat, I'm sleeping way better and deeper, but it's a LOT harder to wake up in the mornings. My boyfriend got concerned about me last week because my alarm was going off for two minutes and I never moved....luckily he was already awake so it didn't bug him....but he literally had to shake me to wake me up. Weird. I'm going to talk about it with my doctor when I see her in two weeks.

It's a good idea to put the alarm clock far away, as long as it's loud/annoying enough to wake you up!