Boneless skinless chicken thighs - need recipe

Options
TiredMom12
TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
I have 2 packages of chicken thighs in the freezer that I want to use. Any good healthy recipes?? I had one for it with mango salsa, but I have been eating a lot of salsa and want something different. Should I just season and grill??

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Thighs work well in curries, use light coconut milk or tinned tomatoes with a curry paste.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Crock Pot? Boneless thighs hold up great to slow cooking. Chuck them in the slow cooker with one of these:

--your favorite tomato or pasta sauce, peppers and onions, mushrooms if you like them. Serve over pasta.

--any of Trader Joe's simmer sauces, add veggies to taste. Serve over rice.

--a can of pineapple (or fresh if you have it), Teriyaki sauce (or ginger, garlic, soy, and something sweet like brown sugar or honey), veggies to taste. Serve over rice.

--Barbecue sauce. Shred and serve on buns, or on top of a bed of greens with Bolthouse Farms light blue cheese dressing.

--And, for when you aren't tired of salsas anymore: a can of green enchilada sauce. Shred and serve in tortillas with cheese and whatever toppings you like.

You don't even have to thaw the chicken first--put it in frozen and add an extra hour to cooking time (if necessary--my Crock Pot runs a bit hot, so I usually have to reduce cooking times anyway).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Thighs are awesome in soups!!! I make a mean chicken soup, sooooo healthy!!

For the chicken soup I boil up 2 big chicken breasts and 4 skinless boneless chicken thighs in 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth, celery and onion (I remove them later), and spices like parsley, bay leafs, oregano, garlic. I like to simmer the base for a few hours with the chicken in it. Then I remove the chicken and shred it. I also take out a cup or so of the base before I put the chicken in to use later.

Later in the day I'll make a bag of frozen veggies (I like the roma blend which is zucchini, carrots, lima beans, and cauliflower) and using the base I put aside I'll puree all of them together, then throw them back in the soup. Not only does it thicken the soup, but pureeing them removes alot of the veggie taste which my kids would never eat if they knew what veggies were in there. LOL
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I fire up the weber and grill em..

Marinate in soy, garlic, ginger, chile paste, sesame oil and lime juice for a couple hours and throw them on.
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    honestly, I rub them w/ mayonnaise (light w/ Oil olive preferably), sprinkle Parmesan cheese and bake them......voila! Juicy tasty chicken
    :smile:
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-honey-brushed-chicken-thighs-10000001591042/

2 teaspoons garlic powder
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Preheat broiler.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle them with lemon pepper and bake them. Cook 8 or 9 at a time and have my lunch protein for three or four days.
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Toss them in a ziploc bag with some greek or other seasonig, a little olive oil, acid (lime or lemon juice or vinegar), salt, pepper, and garlic and let them marinate for four plus hours and then grill them. We use a grill pan on the stove which is easier than a BBQ grill. Fabulously simple and tasty.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    grill em - squirt with lemon juice, sprinkle with lemon pepper, serve with homemade tazatiki sauce and maybe a honey wheat pita

tzatiki sauce:: 1 cucumber, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dill seaoning - purree & fold into 1 cup of greek yogurt.
  • lauren0985
    lauren0985 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Need:

Chicken thighs
    Pepper
    Garlic Salt
    Chopped or Minced Garlic - I use Spice world
    EVOO

Pepper and Garlic all sides, Brown in EVOO put in a baking dish, If you get the Spice World jars of Garlic just spoon half of it into the baking dish and then pour EVOO over the chicken so that it is covered. Cover with foil and bake on 350 for 1.5 -2 hours.

It will be the most amazing chicken ever. It basically falls apart. My kids arent big chicken eaters but they request this very often. We usually have with broccoli and a side salad.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    We're having them for dinner tonight with our favorite sauce!

Combine the following in a small mixing bowl
    (fyi - I find the order matters because the hummus dissolves nicely in the lemon juice)

Zest and juice of one large lemon
    1/2 small container of red pepper hummus
    3 Tbsp brown sugar
    5-6 Tbsp water
    1 tsp dried thyme
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
    3 cloves garlic minced

Put about 2 pounds (8 pieces) of chicken thighs in a tinfoil lined baking pan then spoon sauce over and let marinade. Recommend letting it set overnight.

Recipe adapted from: http://www.pigpigscorner.com/2009/05/spicy-tahini-baked-chicken.html
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Chicken Confit:

8 chicken thighs
    2 tablespoons salt
    4 sprigs fresh thyme
    2 to 3 large garlic clove, crushed
    2 bay leaves
    24 peppercorns
    4 cups melted fat - I prefer pork fat

2 cloves minced garlic
    1 medium yellow onion, sliced

Combine the chicken thighs, salt, thyme, garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a large zip lock bag. Shake well and refrigerate overnight.

Remove the chicken thighs and wipe off all the salt and herbs. Put fat in crockpot first, then add chicken. Make sure the fat covers all the chicken. Add in sliced yellow onion and minced garlic. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Sear the thighs in the skillet, and serve either hot or at room temperature.
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I marinate them in italian dressing (dry) and balsamic vinegar and then bake them. They're yummy by themselves but also make great lettuce wraps when paired with asian veggies or slaw.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Man-Pleasing Chicken
    http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/
    IMG_23931.png?resize=600%2C400

Chicken thighs- 1 package
    Dijon mustard- 1/2 cup
    Maple syrup- 1/4 cup
    Rice/rice wine vinegar- 1 tablespoon
    Fresh rosemary
    Salt and pepper