looking for plus size people serious about weight loss

Options
124»

Replies

• chubbard9
    chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I'm Christine, 5'3" and started at 229, I am now down to 220 and lost a few inches... My goal is currently 160, as my hubby told me he would literally be scared if I was "skinny" and likes my "thickness" as it is now. I'm trying to lose weight for me, as it is really what I want, and I wouldn't be upset if 160 was my weight for the rest of my life(I once weighed that much and really wasn't "fat" like I feel now) So I am just trying to lose weight, gain some muscle, and be in great shape(exercise and eat right) :)

Feel free to add me :)
  • lcurry1008
    lcurry1008 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Catherine. I am starting today. I have been diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes and I refuse to allow something and someone control my life. I was put in charge of me when I was born. So I am at 244 and looking to shed 75lbs. You keep up the good work. I love to eat also, so I know it will be a struggle.
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I started my journey ( before mfp as I didnt know about this awesome place) a year and 3 months ago at a very large end of the size 20. I am now a size 16 and always up for supporting and have support from other ladies! This is definitely a tough battle!
  • MariahRea
    MariahRea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I am Mariah. I am trying to get down from the 209.9 lbs that I started at and 36.7% body fat to do my first bikini diva's competition either November 2013 or when the next season starts in March of 2014. I have done a model quest competition before, but that was 9 years ago. Since then I have put all the weight back on and I remember that as being one of the most enjoyable times of my life so I am ready to do it again. I started working out at home for the first 4 weeks with great results, and have been in the gym ever since going on week 12 now. I have only lost 7 lbs, but I have lost over 30 inches all over. I am not worried about the number on the scale because I measure weekly and take pics every 4 weeks to check my progress and it's coming along great. I do cardio and weight train daily. I used to do 6 days on and 1 day off, but I was just too tired by the end of the week to get any kind of good workout in so I am no doing 3 days on and 1 day off starting this week and I'll see how that works out for me. I seem to have a lot more energy to put into the workouts and it seems to keep me more motivated knowing I'll have a day off sooner. lol
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Erika, 27 years old, started at 309 and CW is 279 (size 22).

Anyone feel free to add me, I try to comment and help keep my MFP friends motivated :)
  • RedsknU2
    RedsknU2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello All - My name is Shelli and I currently have about 120 pounds to lose, but I would like to lose at least 50 by my 50th Birthday in Novemeber. So 50 by 50 has become a theme for me. I log daily and check posts. I travel extensively for work, and am trying to develop regular exercise and fitness into my lifestyle.

Feel free to add me, always looking for motivating friends!
  • tamisawyer
    tamisawyer Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I'm Tami. Down about 15 lbs and I started over 350. I'm very serious and love to talk about this with anyone. Feel free to add me!!
  • Forest777
    Forest777 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Plus size women feel free to add me as well!

I won't criticize your food diary...not my thing! Honestly, I don't even look at them.

I will give you lots of high fives for exercising and losing however much you lose and sticking with it and coming back after a bad day and random NSVs :)

I'm currently at 203 shooting for 145.
  • buggz68Jen
    buggz68Jen Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenny, I am 46 years old. I weigh 286.4 and would like to loose 130 lbs. I have struggled for the last 20 years with losing weight. I have 3 years until I'm 50 and it would be nice to have lost the weight so I can enjoy the outdoors again, by hiking.
  • buggz68Jen
    buggz68Jen Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi my name is Jenny, I am 46 years old. I weigh 286.4 and would like to loose 130 lbs. I have struggled for the last 20 years with losing weight. I have 3 years until I'm 50 and it would be nice to have lost the weight so I can enjoy the outdoors again, by hiking.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Karen - started on here about a year ago and got serious in November. I had gastric bypass on March 6, 2013 and I started at 5'11" 323, size 24, 3XL. Now I'm down to 254, size 20, XL (P.S. my feet are shrinking too! Damn! that means new shoes!). I have a long way to go still (another 60-80 depending, i don't want to be shapeless...) and I'm active on here and always looking for supportive and motivating friends!
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Name is Natalie. 25 yr old stay at home mom. I'm at 279.5 right now size 26. I'm trying to get down to 165 maybe more. Gained 80 pounds with my pregnancy with my now 5 yr old son. Tacked on another 40 since then. Trying to not get high bp, suffer any stroke, or get diabetes. Big family history of all three. Husband suffers from chronic illness so I have to be healthy for him and our son. I work out 3 to 5 times a week. An hour to two and a half at a time
  • PrincessYorga
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Laura and I've been active on MFP for a little more than a month now. SW was 328 - CW 301.5 (hoping to break into the 200's this week!!!). I am currently in a size 24. I am always looking for friends - I am very supportive and try to motivate EVERYONE on my friend list. :-)

Feel free to add me!!! :-)
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Feel free to add me.
    I'm always looking for someone to torment!
    (Oops that should read motivate)
    Bahahahahaha
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Naomi I've been on MFP for 3 months. I've only lost 7 lbs but I have thyroid issues so it's hard for me to lose. I'm currently at 249 lbs. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • marib67
    marib67 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Mari. Just found this site yesterday. I have a LOT of weight to lose. I was on the WW site and someone mentioned this one so I'm trying to find my way around it right now. I'm 321 to start. I feel miserable. I'm looking for menus. Is there anywhere out here to find them in the 1500 calorie range so I can get an idea of what I should really be eating?
  • SusanMSnover
    SusanMSnover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Susan I am 48 and have been using M.F.P. for 21 days. I have lost 8.8 lbs so far! For the first time I am really serious about loosing some weight and getting fit. My starting weight was 246 lbs. I now weigh 237.3 lbs. This system has been suck a helpful tool in my fitness journey! I am so happy to meet new people who are also working at similar goals. Have a blessed day and may Gog give us all the strength we need to succeed!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shundrella. I am 5'8 and 257. I started at 282 size 24/3xl. Now I am size 18/20 XL. I want to lose another 25 pounds at least by my 40th birthday in August. I do Zumba and walk/jog ( for the first ime since high school). My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year. Ultimate goal is 150-160 with normal body fat %.
  • LynneseLooksgood
    Options
    That would be me! I have about 164 pounds to go!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Sunshine. I use to weigh 330pds I lost 138pds gettig down to 192 pds and I did it all by myself. I kept the weight off for 5 years and then I became pregnant getting back up to 271 pds. I have been on this weight loss journey again and in 10 weeks have lost 30pds. Here to 79 more pds!! Ill add you!!