jillian michaels

Options
has anybody done "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred!" workout video? how did you like it, and did you get pretty decent results? with eating what though? and did you add any extra exercises? debaitng on doing it :)

Replies

• blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple of times a year ago. I liked it but I mainly use two of her other ones. I know there are a lot of people who swear by that video for beginners. Try it!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Doing it now as part of the group 30 Day Shred May Madness. I like it so far. I sure work up a sweat in 20 minutes. Day 9 tomorrow!
  • miss_metal
    miss_metal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Doing it now as part of the group 30 Day Shred May Madness. I like it so far. I sure work up a sweat in 20 minutes. Day 9 tomorrow!

Just wondering how many Cals you burn doing that?
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Around 200 with my HRM .
  • DevinnAlexandriaHill
    DevinnAlexandriaHill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like it....just completed day 7. I can feel some muscles that haven't been present in a long time AND I'm already down 2.4 lbs! It broke my month long streak of not seeing the scale move.
  • beyondjupiter
    beyondjupiter Posts: 247 Member
    Options

From what I read it is approximately 1.11 calories per body weight.

If you go here and enter your info, put "30 Day Shred" into the search box, it will tell you.

http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned

For example, I am 250 and it said I would burn 378 calories in 20 minutes. Which is approx. 1.51 calories per pound. However, the most accurate way to track your burn is to get a monitor such as the Polar HRM or Bodymedia Fit. The website I gave you said I would burn 113 for the DVD I do, while another site said 400. Per my Bodymedia fit I burn around 286, so it is hard to trust random websites or other people's burns because everyone's body is different.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 30 Day Shred. I really liked it. I didn't lose much weight. Maybe a pound but I am much stronger and sculpted. I should have taken measurements. My upper body - shoulders, chest and arms - for sure are much leaner. My clothes are looking bigger on me. People are noticing. I love that I can workout in 30 minutes in my own home. You also gotta like Jillian. I think you either love her or hate her! I happen to really like her workouts and everything she has to say. I am currently buying Ripped in 30 and Jillian's Body Revolution...doing those next! I am sure I will come back to 30 Day Shred! Great workout! Good for beginners and those who also are in shape already. Easy to modify when needed.
  • chadnfaith
    chadnfaith Posts: 7
    Options
    I've done 30 Day shred a number of times. I used it as my first work out regimen and lost 80 pounds in about 6 months but using it every day, six days a week. LOVED IT!! I also have all of Jillian's work out programs, however the 30 Day Shred seems to give the best results, in my opinion. It's one of her older ones, but still one of her best. :)
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3 of the thirty day shred now and its working for me, it depends on your workout style really if you like getting it out of the way, or knowing you can fit it into 20 mins in your day and thus workout more during the week then it is good, i find it keeps me accountable to my exercise as opposed going to the gym and i feel like i'm pushing myself more, for me personally I have not lost much pound wise but i am looking to tone up and it definitely has done this, loosing inches really makes a difference. :) As others have said there is lots of threads going around here about it, you can always try a free run on youtube instead of ordering the dvd if your not sure its for you, I have found it great though. :)
  • miss_metal
    miss_metal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 2 months.. 5 days a week twice a day. 3lbs lost, 5 inches. Its something I've used to build up my fitness/endurance/strengh so I'm more ready for harder workouts like P90. Oh and I ate around 1800-1900 calories the whole time. Generally healthy things.. had 3 candy binges here and there. But 80% of my diet has been healthy. I'm 5'4"
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Around 200 with my HRM .

Yep, I burned 199 tonight and am on day 5. I have to put Jillian on mute though. I have done it all way through previously. Killer- it's a love-hate thing with me...
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I started the Shred yesterday and I don't know if I'll keep doing it. It's my first JM dvd and I guess I had different/higher expectations of what it was going to be like, since so many people rave about her. I'm coming off of Mark Lauren's strength training program and was hoping it would be something like that but they're nothing alike. I don't know-jumping jacks and crunches just don't do it for me :tongue: