good natural sweetner for chocolate smoothie?

Options
2»

Replies

• cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I buy bananas and break them in half and freeze them. I add 1/2 - 1 frozen banana to my smoothies to make them sweet and it works well.
  • joelann10
    joelann10 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For chocolate flavor you could try Amazing Grass Green Superfood in the cocoa flavor. I love it in shakes!
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've used honey in mine.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    PB2....can't say enough about it, it's AWESOME!!!!

I love experimenting in the kitchen (mad scientist I am not, haha) & came up with
    my very own chocolate healthy smoothie called: Liquid Chocolate PB Cup!!! :noway: :happy:
  • affacat
    affacat Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I read on another post here that someone uses ovaltine instead of cocoa powder - guess it has a lot of vitamins and minerals with little sugar... not sure if that would fit into your plan or not, but maybe worth a look?

something like that might work? i've never had ovaltine nor researched it, but i have heard of it. i could also just do a chocolate protein powder but am trying to go as natural as possible for this one. that's why i went with the omega pumpkin protein - every review mentions it doesn't affect the taste. but if i can't get cocoa powder to work....
    I buy bananas and break them in half and freeze them. I add 1/2 - 1 frozen banana to my smoothies to make them sweet and it works well.

i did that for years with my smoothies, but overall found it a chore. and my wife thinks it affects the flavor of everything in the freezer (i can't taste it, but she's more sensitive to flavors) so it's pretty much off limits.
    For chocolate flavor you could try Amazing Grass Green Superfood in the cocoa flavor. I love it in shakes!

definitely will look into this. guessing i'd use this instead of the omega pumpkin, but if the price is right (and i don't get the current recipe working) i'll try it next.

i've also heard good things about the brand Sun Warrior.
    PB2....can't say enough about it, it's AWESOME!!!!

I love experimenting in the kitchen (mad scientist I am not, haha) & came up with
    my very own chocolate healthy smoothie called: Liquid Chocolate PB Cup!!! :noway: :happy:

yea, i'm excited to try the Just Good Stuff brand. Waiting for it to arrive. Recipe for your smoothie?
  • ddzubow
    ddzubow Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Banana, Honey or Agave all could help. I make a chocolate-peanut butter-banana smoothie everyday for breakfast...so so good. The chocolate I use is protein powder though.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A really ripe banana. :)