Replies

• cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    emerald nuts has these awesome roasted almonds rolled in cocoa powder. they are great when you need a double fix!
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    Air popped popcorn is like 25 cals per cup popped. I throw in half a cup kernels in a paper bag and pop for 2.5 mins in a microwave, spray on no-calorie olive oil, parmesan, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. mm.
  • duffmama
    duffmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try edamame. Sea Point farms edamame snack packs have 90 calories and have a good amount of protein.
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just ate 8 honey wheat pretzel twists and 2 tbsp of hummus for a snack - 170 cals
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for something sweet, I just tried the cool whip thing I got from here and man was it friggin good. I'm glad I didn't make a bunch.
    You take 4 graham cracker square, dollop a bit of lite or fat free cool whip in between to make 2 square sandwiches. wrap and freeze.

so so so good!!! I'm going to try adding a few choc chips or strawberries next time.

130 calories
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    Just ate 8 honey wheat pretzel twists and 2 tbsp of hummus for a snack - 170 cals

God bless, that's a lot of cals for just 8 pretzels, that wouldn't fill me up. I go for volume with air popped popcorn or red bell pepper strips.
  • BanffJasper
    BanffJasper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1) Baby carrots with FF sour cream & Trader Joe chunky salsa dip.

2) Sensible Portions Veggie Straws. 38 straws 130 calories.

3) Skotidakis Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip. 2 TBSP 60 calories with either of the above.

I find 2 & 3 @ Costco.
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Elevate My Breakfast Bars - 90 calories quite a few flavours. I LOVE the Mango-Papaya-Coconut.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Wasa crackers with salsa and cucumber is always a good little tasty. Also a few saltines with laughing cow wedge spread on them is good too.
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I snack on Kellogg's Special K cracker chips.. You'd have to test them though I love the sour cream and onion but the texture takes a bit to get used to.. 27 chips for 110 cal. Or you could try the Special K bars. Made for snacking :)
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Organic baby carrots (very low cal) and organic unsweetened applesauce (4oz container is 50 cals). Carrots give me the crunchy snack I crave, and the applesauce is a nice bit of sweetness. If I'm needing protein I add in 1oz of brown sugar steak jerky (70 cals).
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Cut up banana, cashews and coconut flakes in a bowl - monkey munch. Yum. Lots of healthy fats.
  • sstratto01
    sstratto01 Posts: 23
    Options
    Here are 3 I have been using lately:

Popcorn (Low fat butter and kettlecorn) in a single serve bag - works out to 100 calories.
    Celery with Laughing cow Light cheese
    low fat string cheese - Lucerne - 50 calories
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies and nuts
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nuts, half an avocado, olives, hard boiled eggs, red pepper strips with tuna salad
  • dancestar18
    Options
    I usually eat a salad with lots of veggies and Bolthouse farms makes the BEST dressings. 45 calories for ranch and creamy dressings and like 30 for italian and such. They're fantastic.
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am actually sitting here eating a pink lady apple drizzled with honey and cinnamon :) verry verry yummy! Its 100calories
  • skylarking036
    Options
    I'm a fan of kashi bars or Nature Valley protein bars.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Carrots are great for me. I like them raw, roasted with a little olive oil or steamed with sea salt. They have a natural sweetness to them and eating them raw helps me when I am just boredom snacking. They can also be rather filling.

Edamame is another one that's good. It's a super food so it is super packed with super nutrients, lots of protein to help you feel full longer and fairly low on calories.

Peanut butter with fruit is great. I also made microwave potato chips a few times when I needed the salty crunchy craving satisfied. Google how to do it. It is surprisingly easy and really tasty.

One of my favorite sweet treats snacks is fake ice cream. I peel, quarter and freeze bananas. After they are frozen solid, I blend the equivalent of one banana with a tablespoon of milk until it is thick and creamy just like ice cream. You can add a small chunk of chocolate to it for 'chocolate chip ice cream', a tsp of vanilla extract, a tbsp of peanut butter or honey or nutella just to change it up some. It's healthy, low in calories, and it tricks my toddler every time! Sprinkle granola over it or leave it plain. It's yummy!