I'm new at this

Options
Hello!

My name is Kasi and I'm still new to MFP and I have started this sometime last month. I know for a fact that the goal is to stay under the number of calories that U R eating through out the whole day. I also know for a fact that U also have to record the foods,drinks and whatever else U R in taking through out the whole day and also you want to eat or drink the right amount of serving size. My question to some of you is that do U also have to watch the amount carbs and sugar that you are eating too as well? I have been noticing that with carbs and sugar I go over with those two plus I'm here trying to get down to my weight goal which is 156lbs and when I had weigh myself today I was 165lbs although I do record my weight every Fri. morning.

Replies

• EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am always over on sugar. I have been trying to cut back on products with added sugar, but I don't worry about the sugar that comes from fruit.
  • Avidon
    Avidon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Kasi-I'm new to MFP also-just signed up. Those are interesting tips you posted. Good luck in your fitness goals I know you will reach them.
  • MdotSole
    MdotSole Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey Kasi! You're on the right track. Track your exercise, track your food intake, and just make tweaks to things along the way! I will say that most of us go over on sugar in our daily diets. Your most important things to keep and eye on is your total calories, Protein, and Carbs....everything else you'll improve in time. Good luck!
  • karamevans
    karamevans Posts: 16
    Options
    Same! I'm always over sugar by the time I've finished lunch! It's very frustrating, especially when the most sugary thing you eaten is an apple! I suppose it works well to make you aware just how much sugar you're having though! X
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have cut my carbs, but am always over on sugar because I eat fruit.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey Kasi! You're on the right track. Track your exercise, track your food intake, and just make tweaks to things along the way! I will say that most of us go over on sugar in our daily diets. Your most important things to keep and eye on is your total calories, Protein, and Carbs....everything else you'll improve in time. Good luck!

Good advice. I agree with this.