Question?

Options
My Calorie Goal per day is 1,960 and I eat around 1,500. My question is, would you consider it enough or do I have to eat 1,960?

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Well, what does your progress look like? If you are at a stand still I say make a change, maybe increase a bit and give it a month to see if it helps.
  • efgslg
    efgslg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would talk to my PCP or a dietician about this. I would not cut back so few calories with out talking to a professional first. Hope that helps :)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'd go by what MFP tells you for at least a month and see how you feel. Not any lower
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'd go by what MFP tells you for at least a month and see how you feel. Not any lower

^ This :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Assuming that your ticker is accurate, you have a long way to go. If you're very obese you can usually sustain a larger deficit than someone within a healthy weight without all the negative effects. But I'm not an expert, so you'll want to watch how you feel and talk to your doctor.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Also, check how you are feeling. Yes, you want a calorie deficit, and that always takes some adjustment. But you should be feeling like you're hungry all the time, or that you're missing out on enjoying your meals. If you're feeling that way, I'd suggest going up in calories to closer to that recommendation. Especially if you're also exercising. If you're feeling OK, then I'm not really sure what the best thing would be, lol.