HIP HOP ABS

Options
Is there anyone that has and does this?
What are your thoughts?

My mother said this was one of the things she might buy me for my birthday. Just want to make sure she wouldnt waste her money on.

Replies

• mmmpink
    mmmpink Posts: 25
    Options
    Hey! I bought Hip Hop Abs a few years ago. It's a cute, kind of fun workout, but it's not very intense. I couldn't stay interested in it for very long, and I loaned it to a friend, and she didn't find it worthwhile either.
    What kind of exercise have you been doing?
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I do Chalean Extreme. I'm on Lean Phase starting today. I also work in Turbo Jam Fat Blaster that came as a bonus with Chalean. I dont feel like my abs are being worked much and need something extra. I also try to do an hour of cardio a day.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you don't already own Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, I would definitely recommend that. There are 3 levels, you spend 10 days of each one. I found that my abs were at there best after I finished it. It is based on cardio, strength, and then abs for each work out.
  • mrobertson17
    Options
    I recommend the Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. The workout is intense and after just a couple of days you feel stronger and have more endurance. It really does sculpt lean muscles and helps lose the weight. Best 10 dollars I ever spent
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I borrowed it from a friend and well I couldn't get past his voice. I know it is a really stupid but he was to feminine. More then me. lol. I know that sounds bad but I really want someone that is going to kick my *kitten* for a workout. You may like it but I could not go past the first excercise. Didn't really push me at all.
  • wondrwomn
    wondrwomn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you want to see if you like Hip Hop Abs, go to Youtube and search for it. I looked it up and tried it. It is fun, but I would get tired of it if I did it everyday, but it's a nice change in your routine..
  • nicolina823
    Options
    I borrowed it from a friend and well I couldn't get past his voice. I know it is a really stupid but he was to feminine. More then me. lol. I know that sounds bad but I really want someone that is going to kick my *kitten* for a workout. You may like it but I could not go past the first excercise. Didn't really push me at all.

I feel that way about the guy from the biggest loser in cardio max. I cant do it.
  • nicolina823
    Options
    I've already done the 30 day shred. I did that before Chalean Extreme. I'm obsessed with the Chalean program I just want more work on my abls. The results from Chalean Extreme are amazing!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    if your having trouble with your abs I suggest a slendertone belt to compliment your work outs. I love mine and its really made a difference
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    I've already done the 30 day shred. I did that before Chalean Extreme. I'm obsessed with the Chalean program I just want more work on my abls. The results from Chalean Extreme are amazing!
    It sounds like you're already a Beachbody customer. If you like CE and just want more work on your abs, I'd suggest you keep doing what's working for you and supplement with Debbie Siebers' "Great Abs Guaranteed." It's an older Beachbody program, but I just tried it the other day and thought it could be a great addition to a program three or four days a week. And it's only 10 bucks. You can't really go wrong.
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I liked Hip Hop Abs. I agree that you should search You Tube and check it out first. If you are not holding the correct form, you will not get the benefit of the workouts. The DVD I use the most from the series is 5 Minute Abs which, if done correctly, is extremely intense.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I tried it also and agree with everyone else that tried. It did not keep my interest and the voice did not annoy me. You might want to try 30 Day Shred instead so you can really Shed.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

What you can do is add one of the abs workouts onto the end of the 3 strength training days, instead of just doing it on the day you do Burn Intervals.

That said, abs truly are made in the kitchen. You won't really be able to see them until you get to a certain body fat percentage.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I hated it. Shaun T is ssssoooo annoying! And for someone that's rhythmically challenged (like myself) many of the moves are awkward and silly. I just felt ridiculous when I did it.
  • zeeohhsix
    zeeohhsix Posts: 41
    Options
    I have been doing tony hortons one on one killer abs in place of ab ripper x for my p90x routine. If you want something to work your abs This is the tape. I was use to arx and never got sore now with the killer abs tape im sore again... Its about 25 minutes long
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options

DITTO!!! It`s hard to really focus when he was busy irritating me *LOL*

It`s not one of my favourite workouts...but before I started running and working out, I did find it a bit of a challenge!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options

I didn't care for his demeanor in Hip Hop Abs, either, and I find it interesting how TOTALLY different his demeanor is in the Insanity program. He's all business, hard core, and serious as can be...