Help! Getting tired of salads!

Options
Hey!

I eat salad to much, need ideas plz!

Replies

• mab0669
    mab0669 Posts: 29
    Options
    make chicken stir fry with a lot of veggies and put it over some brown rice and spanish rice is good too and not a lot of calories. I use 1#lean ground beef, 1 lg can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce 1 packet of taco seasoning, some green peppers, red peppers and some onion(i like lots of onion), you simmer all that for 30 mins or so then pour it all over brown rice. Those are my two go tos when i get tired of salad, also i like just plain grilled chicken breast, but season it up and eat it with a lot of cooked veggies.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten a salad (besides Frito Salad! and does that count? i think not...) in my life. And as you can see... I turned out ok! Add me and check my blog for un-salad healthy recipes! :)
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat salad, my food diary is open to everyone check it out for any ideas you want!
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    Yea just eating salad is probably gonna hinder your loss as you get bored and then are more likely to pick on something tastier!!
    The 2 ideas above are amazing...
    I do a kinda sorta paella dish that is tasty and healthy...
    I use the uncle bens micro rice for this and pan cook it with the whole dish...if you use uncooked rice make sure you at least half cook it before adding it to the main pan so you dont overcook everything else!
    Cook a small chicken breast, some onion (i like a lot as well!) and a pepper (your choice of colour, i like yellow or orange) with a bit of spice, cajun works well as does fajita spice in a frying pan, then add some stock (I use veggie stock cube and just enough water to cook rice) and the dry rice to the pan...let it all cook down, if the rice is cooked and you still have water left (happens to me all the time) just drain off the water...
    I sometimes add some low fat feta if I have calories to make up as its yummy and still ok calorie count wise (and im a cheese addict)...

You can use other meats they work just as well I just find chicken to be the leanest.

Good luck!
  • pauao
    pauao Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok, first, sorry my English is basic, I eat for lunch in my work, 1 Joseph pita Bread (60 calories), 1 Boca Veggy Burger (70 or 100), half raw tomato (aprox 40 calories or less), with ligth mayo (20 calories Tbsp), and 1 jello dar chocolate pudding for 60 calories = all 280 calories (I love my sandiwch)

Or

2 La tortilla Factory Low carb, High Fiber (50 calories each) 100 calories, 4 oz chicken breast (184 calories), chopped onions (85 g 20 calories, tree colors pepper strips (85 g 25 calories) and 2 tbsp light Souer cream (40 calories) and jello gelatin snack (10 calories) all 329 calories (Chicken Fajitas!!!!!)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I have gotten so sick of salad, that I rarely even eat it. Maybe twice a month now. And usually it is when I make one at the salad bar at the grocery store so I can add tons of different things. I still get in plenty of vegetables, but I just eat them by themselves. And I've actually started liking the flavors of some of them even. I like the crunch of baby carrots, I like the sweetness of cherry tomatoes, I like the crisp coolness and mild flavor of cucumbers. Some of them still need a little help like cauliflower so I'll just dunk them in a little light dressing or sprinkle parmesan cheese over them too.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I used to be just like you, and I always thought salads were something I really must have at one of my meals. I got incredibly sick of them and stop enjoying them altogether. I hardly ever eat salads anymore, I do roasted veggies now, or stir-fry. Another great way to sneak veggies into your meals is making a healthy version of shepherds pie - use sweet potatoes instead of white, and dice a whole bunch of yummy veg with garlic and spices, add a bit of tomato sauce, some lean chicken, and you're good to go! :)
  • CocoFire
    CocoFire Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take my salad and put it into a wrap. I usually have 3 cups of baby spinach, 3 oz chicken, 1/4 c Reduced fat Feta, 2 tbs olives, and 2 tbs light raspberry vinagrette in a green wrap. It's great for days on the go and for days when I know I'll use up all my calories with exercise.

I also only eat regular salads on work days-- so my weekends are more of a treat. I make chicken nuggets (chicken breast broiled with 2 tbs light bbq sauce). I also love tilapia and salmon. Ginger steamed tilapia is a great "fast food" for me. It takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook it. I have it with an awesome chili-garlic sauce that I make (17 calories a tbs). I have my whole meal plan on a magnetic board on my fridge. I make sure to have something different every day so that nothing gets boring.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Tks all! I'm excited to try something different!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,367 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, this helped me! I have not gotten tired of salads yet but I was getting there. I still try to salads 2 to 3 times a week. I am still going to try those roasted veggies. I hear they are the bomb!