Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need help finding COMPLETELY fat free foods-medical reasons

here2bme
here2bme Posts: 63 Member
My husband is having trouble with his gallbladder and has to be on a completely fat free diet. I am having trouble finding things to feed him. ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME! I don't know how long he will make it on tomato soup and jello and fat free milk.

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Egg whites
    Non fat yogurt
    Non fat cheese
    Most fruits and vegetables
    Shirataki tofu noodles (There's .5 grams of fat in 4 oz. Not sure it that's ok or not.)
    Non fat cottage cheese
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Has he run this by his doctor? I don't think it's healthy to be completely fat free.
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Is this a doctor-ordered diet? If not, he needs to talk to a doctor. If it is, the doctor should be able to give him guidance on what to eat and what to avoid, or refer him to a nutritionist. Medical advice seems to vary, as always, but many people say a completely fat free diet is not good for gallbladder problems and at most should only be followed for a few days immediately after an attack.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    My husband is having trouble with his gallbladder and has to be on a completely fat free diet.
    There are some vegetables he can eat. Most everything else will have fat in it, or will be so highly processed...
  • here2bme
    Is this a doctor-ordered diet? If not, he needs to talk to a doctor. If it is, the doctor should be able to give him guidance on what to eat and what to avoid, or refer him to a nutritionist. Medical advice seems to vary, as always, but many people say a completely fat free diet is not good for gallbladder problems and at most should only be followed for a few days immediately after an attack.
    This is doctor ordered as of yesterday. He had several tests run this morning and we will get the results this afternoon.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    This is doctor ordered as of yesterday. He had several tests run this morning and we will get the results this afternoon.

If his doctor is ordering this diet he really should be providing the guidance on what to eat as well. Talk to him about getting a diet plan when you find out the results.
  • here2bme
    If his doctor is ordering this diet he really should be providing the guidance on what to eat as well. Talk to him about getting a diet plan when you find out the results.
    Will most definitely do! When they told me no fat at all I didn't realize it would be this difficult.