Plateau and belly bloat

Options
Hi

I am 5ft 1inches, currently 7stone 13, but goal is to be 7stone-ish. At christmas i got down to 7 stone 6, but since it has creeped back on. Now mo matter what i do i am putting on weight and have a belly bloat. I am eating roughly 1000 calories a day and run 5k twice a week ad swim for 30 mins. Also try and walk most days.

Any ideas how to kick start my weight loss?

Thanks
Francine

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You are not properly fueling your body with only eating "roughly 1000 calories a day"... especially when you are running 10k a week and swimming. You are killing your muscle mass.

Research TDEE and eat based on that. You need to properly fuel your body and you need to repair any damage you have done to your body. If you have been eating so little for a long period of time it will take some time to fix.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Why are you eating so little, especially since you're running and swimming?
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I dont say this to many people on here but in your case, please pick up a fork and eat
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Please eat something
  • fatkinson
    fatkinson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your comments. Please don't think i don't eat. Im not usually hungry in the morning and leave for work at 6.45, but i have lunch and an evening meal, i just don't snack very much. But will try and up my calorie intake and see if that helps.
    Looking at the TDEE you suggested it says nearly 1800 which seems extraordinarily high, but will up it and see. Will this help with the bloat?

Thanks
    Francine