HI from the new girl on the losers bench

Options
Hi my name is Rosepetals65 I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself to this new forum as the newest member attempting one more time to lose some lbs..... I am certainly no stranger to the weight-loss game - in my efforts to find an easier softer way, i have even gone as far to have lapband surgery only to experience some serious medical problems and had to have it removed. So, I am right back where i started ....and finally understanding that my journey is about a life style change ... and only proper eating (less eating) and exercise is the ONLY way my weight loss goals are going to be achieved ... so wish me well, wish me luck, and welcome me to your group ....:blushing: :love: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• leebeebumble
    leebeebumble Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! I hope you find motivation here to get you going! Good luck and I look forward to seeing some great before and after pictures of you in months to come!
  • fionachooseshappy
    fionachooseshappy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome (:
    we are not losers here, losers are the people that just live with being overweight! I hope you get motivated, I have been here for just over 2 weeks and have lost 5 lbs! I feel so much healthier and better about myself, feel free to add me always looking for more people to be on this journey with (:
  • stark71
    stark71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to here too. Been trying to make big changes to my lifestyle to as like you said that is only way to lose weight and keep it off. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me and we can support each other :-)
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello. If you are going to this with a sensible plan, then please send me a friend request. If you are planning to crash diet, then I cannot support you in that. I will be happy to help you on your journey to health and happiness if you are going to do it safely. Good luck to you.
  • stu1102
    stu1102 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Welcome

Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm fairly new on MFP, live in the UK with my wife

As mentioned already your not a loser in fact you are already winning as you have realised the golden rule

Weight loss is about life style change and as you say eating less and exercise
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You're on the Losers Bench only if that means you are ready to Lose!!!!!

Your mind is in the right place. It takes right eating and exercise. Why oh why is that so hard? don't know but it IS! oh yes, because there are so many options out there that are easier for us to be 'bad'.

Sorry about the lap band, but glad you are ok now.

Feel free to friend me if you would like some added encouragement.
    Nancy
  • jmc422
    jmc422 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you all focus on changing your eating habits as a way of life, rather than focusing on the weight you lose. You can transform your body and change your dimensions, all while gaining weight. But, you can still look better when that happens. So, don't focus on the scale. :) Focus on the healthy, more fit choices, and the size of your jeans, the number on the scale, and the way you feel on the inside will all fall into place... My two cents! My favorite motto of all, 6 months from now, you'll be glad you started 6 months ago.

Jon
  • snowfallgently
    Options
    Hello,
    I am new to MFP and want to encourage you to keep moving forward. I too have failed a lot in the world of weight loss so you aren't alone. But, lets have some success now! Have a great day. :flowerforyou: