Fat-free by 40

Hello!

I came to this site about 2 years ago, tracked my progress for a couple of weeks and then stopped. Like anytime that I've tried to lose weight, I become lazy and give up hope.

I'm 38 & 260.2 lbs. I'd like to lose 100 pounds by my 40th birthday (October 2014).

Friends and motivation welcome!

I refuse to still be obese at 40. I've spent the last 20 years like this & it's cost me my health, my fertility and my self-esteem. I will not waste the 2nd half of my life like this.

Replies

• crubinetti
    crubinetti Posts: 53 Member
    Woot woot!! Let's do it!
  • nancysvela9
    nancysvela9 Posts: 1 Member
    good for u! it's never too late! i'm new here and love it so far! been on for three weeks and counting! good luck and stay strong!
  • stark71
    stark71 Posts: 25 Member
    Hello, I have only recently joined MFP but have been dieting for last 2 months. I was losing motivation that is why I joined this site, to find people that are on same journey and who would give support and inspire. I need to lose at least 60 pounds. Feel free to add me and we can support each other :-)
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Hi there!

We sound like we are in the same boat! I decided I didn't want to be fat and forty too so started mfp last year, not long before my 38th birthday (I have a lot to lose, 198 pounds of excess baggage when I started).

I have found this lifestyle change (it isn't a diet) the easiest plan to stick to I have ever tried (I have tried every fad diet going previously)!!

Hope you achieve the success you are hoping to achieve! :drinker:
  • Breneh
    Breneh Posts: 4
    Thank you! :smile:
  • ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    If you are serious about this and are planning to do this the sensible way, then please send me a friend request. If you are going to try and crash diet, then I cannot support you in that endeavor. I am wishing you the very best and I want you to have that happy life. Good luck.
  • Breneh
    Breneh Posts: 4
    I'm not sure why you'd question whether or not I am going to crash diet, but the negative undertones of your response is something that I do not welcome. I am going about this journey with a light heart, positive attitude, and fierce determination. Thank you for your offer for a friend request, but I respectfully decline.