I miss my collar bones... when will I see them?

Options
OlenaS
OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
Hello :) I don;t know why, but I am obsessed with wanting to see my collar bones again... I keep checking the mirror every day... so vain, I know :):):)

Anyway, can you please share your experience? So I have something to look forward to!!

Because we are all so different and have different goals... maybe just say what was your total goal to lose and then after how many pounds did you start seeing your collar bones?

I have about 50 lbs to lose, I have lost about 8 so far, but no sign of collar bones yet...

(I imagine there is no exercise to speed this up?)

Replies

• m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    i lovee seeing the collar bone; and i'm in the same boat as you. what helps for me is doing shoulder shrugs with 35, or 40 lb dumbells. what i also do too is put a fat burner cream from my local herb store and it helps, atleast for me.
  • skinney1357
    Options
    Haha I have never heard of a collar bone exercise and since everyone says you can't spot reduce I think you should just stick to what you are doing! I started really noticing my collar bones after about 20 pounds lost. Now almost everyday I notice them more and more...don't know if it because of summer or what but you will see them soon! Don't give up :)
  • OlenaS
    Options
    Cool! 20 lbs should be my next mini-goal after I reach 10 lbs. Shoulder shrugs? - will have to check it out.
    :)
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    That's kinda funny. I think we all have that one part of our body that we really want to see a big change in. Aside from the obvious belly, I would like to see my wonderful, strong jawline again.... Its still kinda there, as I don't have too terribly much to lose, but it used to be much stronger....... we're getting there!
  • m012192
    m012192 Posts: 45
    Options
    shoulder shrugs: you just hold a dumbell in each hand, and move your shoulders up and down; don't rotate in a circle b/c you can injure yourself. with plenty of weight, your collar bone will show. I did this during my weights class in school and definately saw results.
  • bree1609
    bree1609 Posts: 136
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who linked the collar bones to success! LoL When I was losing weight three years ago, I noticed the definition in my collar bones after about two months. I think it was about 20 lbs that had gone, and all I was doing at the time was cutting out soda and watching my calories.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha :laugh:
    I soooo missed mine too.
    They came back out when I reached the 180's (I'm 5'4")
    hope you see them soon !!!!!
  • OlenaS
    Options
    Thank you guys :) This will help me stay motivated!
  • Vanessa1977
    Options
    My children don't know me as thin, I was when my son was young but he doesn't really remember, one time when we were looking throuhg older pictures my daughter pointed to a picture of me and asked 'what are these sticking out'
    They were my collarbones. lol
  • BlueLikeJazz
    BlueLikeJazz Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    That's kinda funny. I think we all have that one part of our body that we really want to see a big change in. Aside from the obvious belly, I would like to see my wonderful, strong jawline again.... Its still kinda there, as I don't have too terribly much to lose, but it used to be much stronger....... we're getting there!

I definitely have my one part, besides my belly, too: I want to see the space between my thighs again! It used to be that if I stood with my feet together, I had a big ol' gap between my thighs. I imagine I have quite a bit to go before that happens again, so for now I'm just happy with having to put new holes in my belts so they still fit and hold my pants up lol
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    I think seeing the colar bones is the first dramatic change alot of women see and look for. Mine popped back out after about 20lbs, that's when I really said whoa...their they are again. The 20lb mark was about my halfway point, I'M AT 26lbs gone now and would love to drop at the least 11more pounds. I think once your at a healhy bmi that's when you'll start noticing them, like Skinney said once they start to show it seems like everyday they show up more and more. Good luck they'll be coming out any day now :)
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Haha Olena I know exactly what you mean. I started seeing mine, and when I shrug my shoulders they're def out there, and it does give me a bit of excitement! I'm now in the 180's, about 5'5.