I gained 5 lb from TOM?!?!??!!?!

Options
I'm very upset. I've been at this for 4 days and I have been religious about eating and exercising and I have gained 5 lbs. I've drank a lot of water too. Is it really possible to gain 5 lbs during PMS? I weighed myself today and I'm not due until next Monday...HELP!!

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I'm very upset. I've been at this for 4 days and I have been religious about eating and exercising and I have gained 5 lbs. I've drank a lot of water too. Is it really possible to gain 5 lbs during PMS? I weighed myself today and I'm not due until next Monday...HELP!!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

The same thing happens to me. I don't even bother getting near a scale. I know that it's all water weight
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Who's Tom, and why is he making you gain weight????? :angry: :angry: :angry:

LOL...That was my first thought when I saw the name of your post. Weight gain from bloat is HORRIBLE especially a couple days before. I've noticed that as well. You can def. gain that much during PMS. Just stick with it, cut out as much salt as you can, and when you're done with your TOM (:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at myself, I'm so stupid), weigh yourself again. I'm sure you'll be down a couple pounds. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    Welcome to being a woman!
    Just keep up your food and exercise..when the TOM weight is gone..you will have more muscle and less fat..and your weight will be back down.

I do the same thing EVERY. STINKING.MONTH!
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    ugh.. girl, last week i would not even step near a scale! i knew i would just get disappointed. it's water weight, i promise!!! and although it seems like it may never go away, i feel so much better this week! im living proof that it will all go back to normal. lol
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. I had the same prob.. I stayed away for 2 weeks.. stayed the same (but I did eat a few extra cals cuz it was a bad one but well needed) lol SO.. just keep doing what ur doing and youll see a loss after wards....:bigsmile:
  • magdalune
    magdalune Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Right there with you, love. I had seen 166 on my scale for the first time in months. Half a day passed, and I was up to 171 again. I just have to tell myself not to weigh myself until a few days after it's gone.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I gained 6 pounds last month :explode: . But give it a few days it will settle back down. No wonder we are so grumpy!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy girl??? Step away from that scale whilst being harrassed by TOM. :tongue:

I don't weigh days 27,28,1,2!!!! Major bloat!!!! You could even wait until TOM has left, but my bloating usually settles down once it arrives (sorry if this has become a TMI post)...
    :ohwell:
  • Live4Adonai
    Options
    Just about 5lbs, that's what I gain for SURE during the same time. I can feel it coming, my hands get swolen, and just as I'm about to cry from the bloating, the vistor comes around and pretty much takes care of the excess water gain, usually within a couple of days. I don't worry too much about it becuase it would only depress me even more! Rule of thumb, just what AJCM said, don't weight days 27,28,1,2...for safety stay off the scale until you're off....
    ah! the joys of being a woman!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i just wanted to throw this out there. Ive said it time and time again, BUT

just ONE (8oz) glass of water weighs in at a whopping HALF OF A POUND!

so stay away from the scale during your TOM because all of that water retention shows you a wrong number on that scale!!

remember that during other times of the month when you are weighing also. If you drink alot of water as it is, and havent seriously sweated (or peed) it out, then thats where those extra half pounds and pounds are coming from!

:)
  • roromclarty
    Options
    :angry: gahhhhh!! same thing happened to me!!! I am new on here too....and i love that people are on here sharing things like this..because i thought i was the only one who gaines 5-7 lbs during aunt flow!....just hold on.....easier said than done though!! even though its just water weight...i HATE the # change.....makes you wanna give up and go to Taco Bell.....but DONT..lol! keep up the hard work :)
  • mfeidbo
    mfeidbo Posts: 24
    Options
    EVERY SINGLE MONTH! I neeeeeevvver weigh myself on my TOM. bad bad water weight. Apple Cider Vinegar helps if you're concerned about the extra lbs. But. Yep. It's all TOM's fault
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    but here's the thing...I'm not due for another 4-5 days....is this typical to be bloated this early? One might say that I should know my body best, but I've really never dieted in a healthy way or ever really weighed myself.