How am I not gaining weight?!

Options
I've stopped dieting completetly, eating whatever I want when I want and i'm not gaining any weight whatsoever? How can this be?! I actually want to gain weight aswell because my BMI is on the low side, but i'm finding it impossible!

My food diary is set on open so if anybody can see where i'm going wrong then please enlighten me!

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    That calorie number at the end of the day needs to be red, not green. You need to eat more calories than you expend but according to your diary, you're eating less.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You are most likely not eating enough. Ensure your goal is set to gain weight and ensure you eat all your calories plus your workout calories.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You eat way less than me and I am still losing...

Eat more.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You aren't eating enough to gain weight. I'm eating more than you and I'm losing weight.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Because you're eating at a calorie deficit.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You're eating under maintenance.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You're not gaining because you are not eating more than the amount of energy you're expending in a day (TDEE). This is a good post with links to help figure out BMR and TDEE: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 Eat below TDEE and you lose. Eat at TDEE and you maintain. Eat above TDEE and you gain. And remember this is over time not just what happens in a single day.
  • etchasketch5
    Options
    but it feels like i'm eating so much, every night i go to bed my stomach hurts from bloating :(
  • SarahSmilesCA
    SarahSmilesCA Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You need a calorie surplus. Also you may be eating things that don't agree with you, bloating does not always mean weight gain. It often mean food intolerance

You need to add calorie dense foods like healthy fats (avocados and nuts, fatty fish like salmon, and olives). Your fat grams are no where close to your 60 gram goal, Eat twice that in fat and you will see realistic gains. You eat a lot of carbs, but you also need to add protein so that the weight you are gaining is muscle, not just fat.

A combination of carbs+ fat+ protein can equal a pretty serious calorie surplus if you do it right, for example you can make a salad that has over 1000 calories if you just add enough healthy fats to it, I know because basically I often have to get more calories in before the end of the day to make my goal and I often do it with salads.

So basically you need more fat and you can get that in healthy ways that won't affect your heart health
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You will only gain wait if you consume more calories than your body expends. 1700 calories a day is pretty low. I lose weight with anything under 2100 calories. I had to eat around 2800 calories a day to put on any significant weight over 3 months (about 10 pounds).
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Try regular cream cheese if you don't want to increase the quantity of food.
  • poindexterpaul
    Options
    In the meantime notwithstanding, this eating methodology arrangement might end up being moving to first time clients, as it includes radical change of eating regimen allow that comprises essentially of crude products of the soil and decreased meat servings.....Thanks

http://www.eatfatlosefatreview.com..:noway: