1200 calorie meal planner

Options
Hi all, I'm new to all this food planning and would really appreciate any help putting together a weekly meal planner to ensure I am getting all the various food groups in the right proportions throughout the week, I am planning on 1200 calories per day but I'm feeling a bit out of my depth right now. Thank you x

Replies

• babygem1984
    Options
    Hi Sally,

you may find it difficult to get that sort of help on here. Nutritionists get paid an awful lot of money for that kind of advice!

I only started a couple of weeks ago and I have to say that the tools within My Fitness Pal have been great for me. Looking at the summary of what you have eaten compared to what you should eat in calories, fat, sugars, salt, etc. has given me a great steer towards a better way of eating. I'm on 1500 cals per day and have managed to not only keep to my cal intake but I've noticed I eat too many sugars and have been able to make smarter choices because of that.

Good Luck!
  • shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You can google 1200 calorie meal plans, lots of options come up. You can review and customize to what you like. Good luck. :)
  • TMtrim1234
    TMtrim1234 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you have a look at bbcgoodfood.com there are loads of recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, all the recipes have calorie content together with a breakdown of nutritional values. I find it really helpful and the recipes are generally very good ( and easy).

Wishing you lots of luck!
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    300kcal Breakfast
    100kcal Snack
    400kcal Lunch
    300kcal Dinner
    100kcal Snack

Done, check out my blog for 100kcal snacks :D
  • wafflemeister14
    wafflemeister14 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me! I eat about 1100-1300 cals a day :)
  • sallyrag1
    sallyrag1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooooo much, your advise is really appreciated and I will definately be researching some of the ideas shared for sure!!! good luck everyone x x