STRUGGLING with the scale????

So I am 5'2 and bounce from 165-170 constantly. I have been sticking to a diet of low carbs, more salad, fruits, and protein. I have been swimming a lot more, and the scale refuses to budge. I have noticed I don't feel like im bloating as much but not seeing the scale move is annoying. It has been stuck like that for 3 weeks. I even drink more water to. Any idea's or help would be MUCH appreciated

Replies

• kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Sometimes this just happens, it's frustrating, but normal.
    I usually change up my activity to something else for a little while until the scale changes again. :smile:

How many grams of Protein do you get in a day? Upping the grams a little bit may help too.
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Do you track your measurements? I have had many times when the scale never moves but I lose inches.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Diary is closed. How much are you currently eating and how much are you exercising? Are you weighing/measuring your food? Are you eating back the extra calories you earn through exercise?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    You mentioned everything except calorie counting. Are you doing that? And if so, what's your TDEE/BMR and how much are you eating?
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Douse scale in gasoline, light scale with match.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    So I am 5'2 and bounce from 165-170 constantly. I have been sticking to a diet of low carbs, more salad, fruits, and protein. I have been swimming a lot more, and the scale refuses to budge. I have noticed I don't feel like im bloating as much but not seeing the scale move is annoying. It has been stuck like that for 3 weeks. I even drink more water to. Any idea's or help would be MUCH appreciated

Measure inches.... forget the scale look at that once a month.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    It is really tough to advise someone when their diary is closed.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Look for inches more than weight.

Cut back on the fruit, have vegetables instead.

Weigh and measure all food and stick to your calorie goal. Exercise every day--at least an hour, even if it's just a brisk walk.
  • scapalbo
    scapalbo Posts: 19
    There is evidence that there are a few types of people...one group, who genetically, needs to eat low carb to lose weight. Another, genetically, needs to eat low fat to lose weight. One more who needs a balanced type diet to lose weight. If you are not a person who needs to eat low carb to lose weight, then it's not going to help at all.

One of the nutritionists in my town does the cheek swab test (though, sadly, it's not covered by insurance, and can be quite pricey) She's a registered dietitian, and isn't a quack.

Just something to think about...if the low carb route isn't working for you, then try a different approach...lower your fat and calories, or do a more balanced type diet and see if it kick starts your weight loss.

Also, don't weigh more than once a week, and watch your measurements and how things fit, more than the scale