10 day fat flush challenge

Options
Hi I am looking for someone who would like to join me on a 10 day fat flush challenge! I became introduced to the idea from a posting on my facebook. The 10 day fat flush is from fitness trainer Kim Lyons in which you drink a 10 day concoction along with your 3 meals a day, so yes no starving needed! I am starting today; the recipe calls for:
Ingredients

1/2 gallon water
1 grapefruit, sliced (can substitute with one lemon)
1 tangerine, sliced (can substitute with orange)
1 large cucumber, sliced
10-20 peppermint leaves
Ice - as much as you like

Directions

Rinse grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit, and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients in a half gallon pitcher. Allow ingredients to sit as long as possible for maximum benefits. Drink throughout the day and made a new pitcher everyday.

Stir & Enjoy
So please come join me!

Replies

• Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    how does this flush fat? It sounds like it would just get rid of water weight?
  • mnm424
    mnm424 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    how does this flush fat? It sounds like it would just get rid of water weight?

yes ma'am you are correct lol... It's called "sassy water" lol.. all it does is reduce water weight and helps with bloating...
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Still sounds like a delicious way to get your water intake up - I'll give it a go!
  • dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    does it really work?
    sounds interesting,.
  • Renaywi124
    Options
    In response to those wondering how it gets rid of weight, you are welcome to do your own research by simply typing in fat flush. I am not the person who created the idea so I cannot answer the questions! I am personally looking for a way to better myself and am willing to try anything that is deemed as healthy.
    Those who are willing to join me add me, I will be posting daily on my blog about my results.
    Thanks,
    Renay
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i like that I can have as much ice as I want.
  • Carells
    Carells Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm down!! I have to go buy some mint and cucumbers though! :)
  • Carells
    Options
    How do we record this drink? Do you have a calorie count?
  • Carells
    Options
    You still eat your 3 meals a day... how is that unhealthy?
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    In response to those wondering how it gets rid of weight, you are welcome to do your own research by simply typing in fat flush. I am not the person who created the idea so I cannot answer the questions! I am personally looking for a way to better myself and am willing to try anything that is deemed as healthy.
    Those who are willing to join me add me, I will be posting daily on my blog about my results.
    Thanks,
    Renay
    I don't think you understand. The fat flush IS NOT healthy. It's very low calories. If you do it to long you will lose muscle mass, which will slow down your metabolic rate which will make it harder to lose weight in the long run.
    You will lose a few lbs quickly, but like everyone said it's water weight at first.

to the quoter above. I think you missed the part where the op states that they still eat three healthy meals a day!!!! this is just something you take in before each meal. I can't see it doing any harm at all and would be a good way of thinking about getting your water requirements for each day. Whether weight loss happens, who knows but the benefit in water and vit c is there for all to see.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I am up for it but won't be able to start today as I need to do the shopping and don't have everything I need to hand. Tomorrow will be fine though. (Sunday in uk means limited shopping options at this time of day)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    Is this recipe from her husband Gunter Schlierkamp (used to be a professional juiced up bodybuilder) who is now an entrepreneur in the fitness industry?
    The recipe doesn't hurt to use it, but by no means is is flushing away fat.

Stored body fat is energy. This drink doesn't tap body fat energy. Calorie deficit does.

It's important that correct information be passed on, especially for those trying to learn. There's a lot of broscience and myths out there in the fitness world and one should take the time research emperical evidence rather than just take word on it because a celebrity touts it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    OP - If you are just starting your weight loss journey, have a significant amount to lose, and you are drinking a lot of water as well as making healthier choices, you are probably going to lose a good amount of weight in the next week and a half. That is normal and the majority of people on this site have done exactly the same thing but not because of a special water recipe. Please don't think your results are because of this "fat flush" - there is no such thing. Really, if there was, no one would be on this site. Prepare yourself - Kim Lyons is linked with the Biggest Loser and Dr Oz - not a big support base on this site for these two subjects.
  • SpydrrVay
    SpydrrVay Posts: 12
    Options
    This is "Sassy water". Super yummy, it just helps you flush the bloat and get your water intake for the day...which isn't a bad idea at all. I make it all the time when I'm bored of plain water :)
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Is this recipe from her husband Gunter Schlierkamp (used to be a professional juiced up bodybuilder) who is now an entrepreneur in the fitness industry?
    The recipe doesn't hurt to use it, but by no means is is flushing away fat.

Stored body fat is energy. This drink doesn't tap body fat energy. Calorie deficit does.

It's important that correct information be passed on, especially for those trying to learn. There's a lot of broscience and myths out there in the fitness world and one should take the time research emperical evidence rather than just take word on it because a celebrity touts it.

QFT
  • fliedlice84
    Options
    I've been doing this as well...I started last Tuesday. I tried to find the link that I got more information on, but I can't seem to find it. From what I researched, each one of the fruits provide benefits in assisting your body when digesting or cleaning the organs that help filter your food, I believe. The key is to drink it BEFORE each meal. Doesn't matter on how many meals, or how many times to drink it, it just needs to be 8 oz before each meal.

I've read people losing up to 7 lbs just implementing this change. Since I started last week I've lost 3 lbs. I haven't changed anything gin my diet...so it's working so far. Hope that helps!
  • fliedlice84
    Options
    I've been doing this as well...I started last Tuesday. I tried to find the link that I got more information on, but I can't seem to find it. From what I researched, each one of the fruits provide benefits in assisting your body when digesting or cleaning the organs that help filter your food, I believe. The key is to drink it BEFORE each meal. Doesn't matter on how many meals, or how many times to drink it, it just needs to be 8 oz before each meal.

I've read people losing up to 7 lbs just implementing this change. Since I started last week I've lost 3 lbs. I haven't changed anything gin my diet...so it's working so far. Hope that helps!
  • fliedlice84
    Options
    Found it!

Besides the main ingredient water, the Fat Flush contains grapefruit that’s loaded with vitamin C to help your body turn fat into fuel. The tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, stabilizes blood sugar, and stimulates genes to burn fat. Cucumber helps you feel full and acts as a natural diuretic, which means less bloating and water retention. And lastly, it has mint leaves, which is not only refreshing but also promotes better digestion and stomach calm.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fat flush or not it sounds refreshing. I'll be buying the ingredients tomorrow:)
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    looking forward to trying this...but, I live in a small town, neither grocery store had tangerines, or peppermint leaves. when I was 45 min away in larger town now tangerines, so I got the oranges instead, no peppermint but there was mint, I will try that. Love small town.